- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Egress Software Technologies
- Website: http://www.egress.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: tens of millions
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Computing Security Excellence Awards - Email Security
Computing Security Awards - Encryption Solution of the Year
UK IT Industry Awards - Security Innovation of the Year
UK IT Industry Awards - Best Not For Profit IT Project of the Year
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
Utilizes AI and machine learning to prevent breaches caused by accidental data sharing.
Enables secure email with third parties, customers, and employees for ad hoc, quick, private engagement.
Simple user-experience - Encrypt with one-click. Restrict cut/paste and editing, and revoke access even after content has been shared.
Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook, G-Suite and mobile devices.
Dramatically reduces friction and helpdesk calls for employees and end-users.
Egress secures email communications while helping to prevent users’ sharing mistakes and overcome the accidental insider data breach – the main cause behind the continued increase in data breaches.
Egress analyzes end users’ sharing patterns to identify errors and alert users in real time of a potential vulnerability (e.g. adding an incorrect recipient to an email). When sensitive information is shared via email, Egress automatically classifies and applies next-generation encryption to protect and control data, including the ability to revoke access even after an email has reached a recipient’s mailbox. Sophisticated reporting across the email network allows administrators to manage and ensure compliance with leading data security and data privacy regulations.
Egress offers a unique combination of patented technology for threat protection (utilizing AI and machine learning), military-grade encryption (including policy and rights management technology), classification and DLP, and reporting across an organization’s entire email network.
To extend this protection further, Egress enables recipients to send and receive emails free of charge when communicating with paying subscribers.
To provide ROI, Egress enables the business to:
* Ensure regulatory compliance and avoid costly email data breaches
* Protect against insider breaches and improve business efficiency
* Maintain security policy control over data that has left the corporate network
* Visualize the compliance status and data breach risk across the entire corporate email network through detailed admin dashboards
* Reduce service delivery and operational costs through hosted infrastructure as required
Egress also offers numerous technical advantages, including:
* Protection of client data and IP using certified technology
* Centralized monitoring, management and control over shared data in real time
* Flexible hosting, including fully managed service, hybrid or private cloud infrastructure
* Integration with end user identity management systems for federate single sign on