- Website: http://www.elastica.net
- Company size (employees): Approximately 1,750
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- The Blue Coat acquisition shows that Elastica is a cloud innovator that will play a critical role in enabling major enterprises to adopt cloud applications without compromising security or compliance.
- Company introduced the CloudSOC platform: the first time data science-, machine learning- and AI-powered technology was provided to the CASB market
- The establishment of the Elastica Blue Coat Cloud Threat Labs and identification of the Shadow Data threat
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
In November 2015, Elastica became a Blue Coat company when it was acquired for $280 million (after being launched from stealth just three years earlier). Elastica has reached numerous milestones, including elevating visibility for the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) market, where it has staked a claim as a leading competitor. The acquisition is among its most significant achievements, as it shows that CASBs will play an essential role in enabling effective security for enterprises that want to take advantage of popular cloud apps such as Microsoft Office 365, Google Drive, Box, Salesforce and others.
– Launched from stealth the first CloudSOC solution, which is the only CASB solution powered by data science, machine learning, AI and algorithms developed by one of the deepest benches of data scientists assembled at a Silicon Valley Startup.
– Building a customer roster that includes the world’s largest financial institutions, retailers, manufacturers and healthcare providers.
– Establishing the Blue Coat Elastica Cloud Threat Labs, currently providing actionable insights to the security community that include disclosure of major vulnerabilities in cloud apps and guidance on how to address them.
– Creation of the Shadow Data Report, a regularly published analysis, providing analytics revealing risks enterprises face when using enterprise cloud applications. The most recent demonstrating that 1 out of 10 enterprise documents shared broadly in cloud apps expose sensitive and regulated information: https://www.elastica.net/1-in-10-broadly-shared-files-in-cloud-apps-expose-sensitive-and-regulated-data
– Identification of the Shadow Data threat – the widespread sharing of data in cloud apps outside of IT security teams’ knowledge and without approval or consent.
– Accolades for innovation in numerous industry awards, including those sponsored by SC and CRN magazine’s recognition as one of the most innovative cloud security solutions reviewed by SC Magazine Labs, and formation of multiple partnerships with leading channel partners and cloud app providers.