- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Return Path Inc.
- Website: http://www.returnpath.com
- Company size (employees): 500
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 80 of the world's top global brands including 4 of the top 10 global credit card companies
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- "We really care and are concerned about protecting our customers. We use Return Path’s Email Fraud Protection to quickly identify and shut down fraudulent attacks so our customers are protected against phishing.” -
Sal Tripi, AVP of Digital Operations and Compliance, Publishers Clearing House.
- “Return Path’s anti-phishing solution protects our brand reputation from abuse by phishers and spoofers. The revenue loss that would be incurred if our customers didn’t feel safe responding to our emails is impossible to calculate.” - Kevin Hickey, Global Manager Email Marketing, IHG
- “Simply put, the DMARC standard works. In a blended approach to fight email fraud, DMARC represents the cornerstone of technical controls… to rebuild trust and retake the email channel for legitimate brands and consumers.” - Edward Tucker, Head of Cyber Security, Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.
Every day, cybercriminals send emails that spoof your brand. That’s why protecting the email channel is critical.
Return Path’s cloud-based Email Fraud Protection uses advanced threat intelligence to detect, block, and respond to email threats targeting consumers in real-time. Powered by a global network of over 2 million consumer inboxes and more than 70 mailbox and security providers, the Return Path Data Cloud provides unique, real-time insights that help you eliminate the impact of consumer email fraud, by blocking phishing and spoofing emails before they reach the inbox!
Along with a consortium of mailbox providers and security vendors, Return Path co-developed Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance — DMARC — a specification aims to put an end to domain-based consumer email threats. By leveraging existing email authentication technologies (SPF and DKIM), DMARC lets email senders work directly with mailbox providers to quarantine or reject any email that fails authentication.
The DMARC standard has reshaped the email fraud landscape, disrupted longstanding phishing strategies, and forced cybercriminals to abandon preferred targets. Today, DMARC is still the best remedy in the fight against phishing and spoofing. As its implementation continues to spread outward from early adopters, it has the potential to nullify an entire class of email fraud within the next few years. As proud founding members of DMARC, we will continue to be at the forefront of innovation, helping companies systematically defend themselves, their employees and their customers.