- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): TELEGRID
- Website: http://www.telegrid.com
- Company size (employees): 1 to 9
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 250
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Modular security and authentication to speed design and development of embedded systems
• FIPS 140-2 Compliant encryption engine
- FIPS validated algorithms and modules
- Pre-compiled FIPS 140-2 compliant applications (Apache, OpenSSH, OpenVPN, etc.)
• Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Support
- CAC/PIV credential-enabling
- LDAP Integration with Active Directory
- PKI certificates for mutual authentication
- Certificate loading and installation for upload into a DoD Certificate Authority (CA)
- Configuration of a root of trust/ trust anchor to support chained certificate validation
- Revocation checking - Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) or Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL)
The Embedded Security Framework (ESF) is a structured collection of encryption and authentication modules designed to accelerate the design and development of secure embedded systems. The ESF allows embedded developers to create secure applications on top of a complete embedded security stack. It is based on TELEGRID’s 30+ years of design, development and production of embedded systems in the field of voice and data encryption, secure unified communications and management of networked encryptors.
The framework was developed in line with DISA’s Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs). It includes a FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption engine as well as DoD approved mutual authentication methods (i.e., PKI). Additionally it includes integration into centralized authentication services including RADIUS and LDAPS as well as support for Out of Band management via SNMPv3.
The ESF helps engineers design STIG compliant embedded systems quickly. The Framework includes all relevant documentation (e.g., FIPS 140-2 certificate, STIG questionnaire, etc.) to speed the certification process. By incorporating security early in the development cycle product designers can eliminate late-stage redesigns thereby reducing cost and development time.
The Embedded Security Framework is available on an industrial grade single board computer for rapid prototyping. The high powered quad core microprocessor has 2GB RAM and 4GB Flash. It includes wide area network connectivity through multiple high speed interfaces (PCIe, SATA, Gigabit Ethernet) and up to 135 GPIOs for integration into any system. It is available as a standalone board or as a development kit with multiple inputs/ outputs for prototyping.