- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): CoSoSys
- Website: http://www.endpointprotector.com
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: Romania
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 11.5 million
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
CoSoSys was recognized in the February 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention for its cross-platform DLP solution: Endpoint Protector.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Endpoint Protector provides Data Loss Prevention not just for Windows, but also macOS and Linux, making it the go-to solution for companies running hybrid OS networks. We are pioneers in the implementation of DLP for macOS, covering Mac OS X 10.4+ and several Linux distributions – Ubuntu, openSUSE, RedHat and more. Our cross-platform coverage extends to all Endpoint Protector modules including USB Enforced Encryption which is available for Windows and macOS, enabling a seamless management of all endpoints regardless of their operating system, all from a single dashboard.
• We offer diverse implementation formats to meet the needs of all organizational
infrastructures. Endpoint Protector can come as a Virtual Appliance compatible with the most popular virtualization tools, as an easy to use Hardware Appliance preinstalled with a variety of models based on clients’ needs or as an EC2 Instance on Amazon Web Services. These three optimized implementation methods greatly reduce the time it takes new clients to set up our Data Loss Prevention software and makes it an attractive product for companies weary of the difficulty the adoption of a DLP solution might entail.
• Our motto at CoSoSys is that clients will have Endpoint Protector up and running in 30 minutes and with its intuitive user-friendly interface, its flexible policy management, and its carefree installation, it’s easy to see why it’s become one of our biggest selling points. Our Data Loss Prevention solution also offers a short learning curve and can be managed even by non-specialized personnel so there is no need for companies to spend money on additional trainings for staff, helping to reduce the cost and hassle of transitioning to a more secure work environment.
Endpoint Protector is an all-in-one cross-platform Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution for Windows, macOS and Linux that puts an end to data leaks, protects from data theft and offers seamless control of portable storage devices, and ensures compliance with regulations like HIPAA, PCI DSS and others. With its modern intuitive interface and its smooth integration as Virtual or Hardware Appliance it’s easy to install and doesn’t require advanced technical knowledge to run, making it the most accessible and user-friendly solution on the market.
It features five specialized modules that can be mixed and matched based on clients’ needs:
Content Aware Protection allows companies to decide which sensitive data can leave computers by creating policies based on specific file types, predefined content, file name, Regular Expressions, HIPAA, PCI DSS and other predefined rules.
eDiscovery offers the possibility to scan sensitive data at rest stored on endpoints based on specific file types, predefined content, file name, Regular Expressions and HIPAA Protected content. Based on the scan results, remediation actions can be taken like encrypting and deleting data.
Device Control allows monitoring, controlling or blocking USB storage devices and peripheral ports to protect sensitive data from leakage or theft.
USB Enforced Encryption allows USB device encryption, ensuring that data can only be saved on encrypted devices.
Mobile Device Management provides enhanced control over the use of Android and iOS mobile device fleets and macOS computers. It enables users to set strong security policies, push and monitor applications and network settings. It also offers access to detailed tracking and asset management of all smartphones or tablets.
Due to its high level of flexibility, both at interface and product level, Endpoint Protector is one of the most notable DLP products on the market and was recognized in the February 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention.