- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Fireglass
- Website: https://fire.glass/
- Company size (employees): 35
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Service
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Fireglass allows users to click with confidence from any device by eliminating malware and phishing from web and email with no endpoint agent. The pioneering technology prevents malware and phishing threats from ever reaching the corporate network, rather than trying to detect or remediate these threats after they have entered the environment.
• Fireglass blocks all malware from reaching the corporate network through isolation and does not replay detection methodology. As such, Fireglass does not generate any false positive and minimizes true positives, which significantly reduces the overwhelming operational overhead security teams are faced with today due to the proliferation of security solutions. Fireglass executives’ military intelligence background provides Fireglass with unique insight into the world of cybersecurity that allows the company to develop defense-grade, enterprise ready threat solutions.
• Fireglass has been recognized by a number of top security publications, including being named a Gartner Cool Vendor of 2016, CRN’s 10 Coolest Network Security Products of 2016, Information Week’s 9 Promising Cloud Security Startups To Watch and Dark Reading’s Emerging Israeli Cybersecurity Firms.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Fireglass allows users to click with confidence from any device by eliminating malware and phishing from web and email with no endpoint agent. Organizations protected by Fireglass maximize user productivity while solving the operational overhead and complexity of web gateways through true isolation, where all traffic is executed remotely and does not reach the corporate network. Fireglass Web Isolation protects users from all web-borne threats. By isolating and executing all code and content in a remote containerized environment, Fireglass prevents malware and other advanced threats from ever reaching user devices. All potentially malicious content, including Java and Flash, is executed remotely on the Fireglass Threat Isolation Platform. Users receive a safe visual stream through their native browser while enjoying a seamless and transparent experience and without requiring any endpoint installation. Fireglass allows users to safely access uncategorized and risky websites while minimizing operational overhead of support tickets requesting access to blocked sites. Fireglass Email Isolation eliminates the risk of phishing often delivered via links in emails. The Fireglass Threat Isolation Platform isolates from phishing sites and blocks users from submitting corporate passwords to non-corporate websites, and prevents employees from typing credentials and sharing sensitive information such as credit cards numbers and SSN in phishing websites or sites not white-listed. Email attachments are saved to a location available to Fireglass and replaced with links to view or download attachments securely through Fireglass Document Isolation. Fireglass Document Isolation enables safe access to files. Documents (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files) are isolated and rendered remotely on the Fireglass Threat Isolation Platform, which prevents malicious content from reaching devices. Leveraging Fireglass’ Document Isolation, an anonymous Fireglass Customer was able to eliminate ransomware and other attacks delivered through files by allowing users to view, manipulate, and print files without downloading them.