- Website: https://haystax.com/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1) The first company to use probabilistic models augmented with machine learning and other artificial intelligence techniques to predict complex threats and prioritize risks, employing a uniquely powerful joint team of data scientists, Bayesian modelers, software engineers and cybersecurity risk-management experts.
2) The only company with a patented analytic approach that is ideally suited to solving those classes of hard problems for which "big data" approaches are ineffective or do not scale well, and that is flexible enough to adapt to new and evolving threats. This is highly differentiated from conventional data-driven solutions, which only see threats tied to a specific data source and often generate excessive alerts that are resource-intensive to verify.
3) The only company that establishes an analytical "whole person" model of individual entity trustworthiness that is continuously evaluated in real time and at scale, plus a number of other models that span the physical- and cyber-security communities -- a vitally important convergence given that today's advanced persistent threats can easily transcend the two realms.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
At the heart of Haystax’s mission to “prioritize the world’s risks” is a revolutionary analytics approach that addresses any complex cybersecurity challenge where analysts are drowning in data or decision-makers lack the actionable intelligence to make critical decisions quickly and with confidence.
The Haystax team invented a new way of capturing and representing expert knowledge in a probabilistic model that can reason on diverse data sources in real time to identify risks. In operationalizing this approach (on which we hold more than half a dozen patents) Haystax has emerged as a leader in the next wave of security analytics innovations. Our fully configurable products address a diverse array of complex challenges that organizations confront every day.
Whereas the company’s early business model was centered around protecting critical infrastructure for federal and state agencies, Haystax has since broadened its focus to include banking, healthcare and other sectors, in mission areas as diverse as insider threat mitigation, cyber fraud prevention, continuous evaluation of cleared personnel, terrorism threat assessments, incident management and situational awareness. As former Joint Chiefs Chairman and Haystax Advisory Board Chairman Gen. Peter Pace puts it: Haystax Technology’s security analytics platform scales to new challenges and domains as they arise in today’s world of increasingly complex and sophisticated cyber threats.
Although Haystax has been in business for almost two decades, we maintain the mentality of a start-up centered around agile and iterative development, rapid response in pursuing new markets, and a laser focus on listening to customers.
In early 2018, Haystax was acquired by cybersecurity solutions provider Fishtech Group, extending its capabilities and customer reach. We believe the product is greater than the company, which is greater than the individual, and consider our customers long-term trusted partners.