- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): HPE Security - Data Security
- Website: http://www.voltage.com
- Company size (employees): 240,000
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: More than 500 million users
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Companies moving into the cloud must demonstrate compliance to security, as well as domestic and international data residency regulations. HPE SecureData for Cloud delivers comprehensive data protection that can accelerate these deployments while ensuring the end-to-end security protection required for sensitive, private information, and compliance to international and state privacy laws and regulations.
• To protect this data and meet compliance requirements, security approaches must evolve to protect the data itself as opposed to just putting walls around infrastructure or systems.
• HPE Security – Data Security has strong roots in data security innovation, specifically in encryption and tokenization technologies, and we continue to cultivate our leadership role in this area of the security industry.
HPE SecureData for Cloud delivers a data-centric framework that comprehensively protects all enterprise data at the data level, enabling secure movement and use of data within the Cloud. Data is encrypted at capture and protected throughout the entire data life-cycle, wherever it resides and wherever it moves. Data-centric encryption allows data to be protected without the need to encrypt or decrypt as the data enters or leaves different IT environments.
HPE SecureData for Cloud enables enterprises to protect sensitive data while effectively complying with security, privacy, and data residency regulations. Only this “data-centric” approach provides the necessary levels of data protection, and enables the business to capture the efficiencies and cost saving by moving to the Cloud.
Our data-centric protection extends privacy controls to sensitive data in two key cloud paradigms:
1. Software as a Service (SaaS): HPE Security – Data Security’s data-centric solutions can selectively protect data on the field and subfield level to keep sensitive data out of the cloud while enabling cloud applications to operate. Technology partnerships with innovators such as PerspecSys (now Blue Coat) and Adallom further extend our cloud data protection capabilities and enables many types of data to be transparently protected in popular cloud applications.
2. Custom Cloud applications (IaaS/PaaS): HPE Stateless Key Management and encryption services can be used by cloud hosted custom application to control where and how data is exposed within the application architecture.
Recently a major US healthcare insurance company was faced with the need for to secure traditional enterprise apps and hybrid apps. HPE SecureData became a key component of its strategic enterprise-wide data security strategy. Overall, the organization was able to improve customer information, reduce prescription fraud and reverse claim overpayment through quick detection and analysis of customer health status, automated fraud detection and quickly detecting claim overpayments.