- Website: http://www.hysolate.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: Israel
- Headquarters Region: Middle East
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
● Hysolate is the only company that transforms end-user devices into software-defined endpoints, where each endpoint runs multiple, isolated virtual desktops. Their secure-by-design hypervisor platform enables completely unrestricted user access and a much higher level of user productivity. Hysolate’s breakthrough, no-compromise approach solves the endpoint security vs. end-user performance problem CISOs have been struggling with by ensuring end-users can access the resources they need without endangering corporate assets.
● Hysolate’s approach contrasts with traditional agent-based vendors for endpoint security, whose software runs within the device OS. With those products, enterprises typically use solutions from multiple vendors to cover a variety of threats (e.g. malware/viruses, phishing attacks, etc.), and even with half-a-dozen agents running they aren't fully protected, especially against zero-day attacks. All those agents also impact device performance and are a pain for IT Operations, who must deploy and manage them. Hysolate’s secure-by-design approach protects from below the OS. It protects against zero-day vulnerabilities by air-gapping Internet-connected virtual desktops that are at risk of infection away from more secure corporate and sensitive environments. This architecture also helps organizations consolidate their agent-based security and even eliminate certain security products. Finally, Hysolate’s client hypervisor approach leverages the power of modern desktops/laptops to provide near-native performance for the vast majority of
● Some vendors tout Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and other “remote application” solutions as endpoint security barriers, saying hackers will have difficulty breaching them. But in reality, remote Windows desktops are not really isolated and are still exposed to attack vectors, like email, web, external media and user-installed applications. Plus, hackers who control the physical devices that connect to the remote virtual desktop/app can control the remote resource. Anything short of a full endpoint isolation approach, which Hysolate uniquely delivers, puts corporate assets at risk.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
When it comes to protecting end-user devices, many security and IT leaders see two basic choices. Either lock down devices and limit what end-users can access, essentially handcuffing their ability to work efficiently, or prioritize productivity and take some chances with security.
Some enterprises try to cover the bases by using a patchwork of point security products, but this still leaves endpoints exposed and is a hassle for IT to manage. Other alternatives like application sandboxing and physical air gap options are inadequate, impractical and costly. As endpoints are the darling of cyber-attackers, and most companies playing in fiercely competitive markets, this ‘security-or-productivity’ proposition is increasingly untenable.
Hysolate reimagined how endpoints work and developed a solution that uniquely—and completely—resolves this problem. Hysolate transforms devices into software-defined endpoints, making them the secure and productive environments they were meant to be. Hysolate’s hypervisor platform seamlessly splits endpoints into multiple segregated OS environments, ensuring both air-gap-level security and unrestricted user productivity:
● Boosts Productivity
End-users can access, install and work with whatever websites, apps, external devices and cloud services they need, without security constraints or endangering/compromising corporate assets. Hysolate lets users work freely on both sensitive and non-sensitive apps within the same familiar environment. It launches apps in the right VM, connects external devices to designated VMs, and seamlessly and securely blocks or facilitates the movement of data between virtual desktops between VMs. Plus, IT no longer has to deploy, manage and update so many endpoint security solutions.
● Secure by Design
Hysolate sits below the device OS. Everything the user does runs in one of a few virtualized OSes, running locally side-by-side with full isolation. No single environment has control over the others. The Hysolate platform is built to withstand any OS- or application-based threat, including tomorrow’s zero-day vulnerabilities.