- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Illumio
- Website: https://www.illumio.com/
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 100 enterprises
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
• 2017 ONUG Innovation Awards
• 2017 CNBC Disruptor 50 Companies
• 2017 YOSTARTUPS “Top 50 Cybersecurity Startups to Watch Out for in 2017”
• 2017 Cyber Defense Magazine: Best Product in Data Center Security Solutions, Best Product in Cloud Security Solutions
• Goldman Sachs 100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs of 2017
• Business Insider’s 51 enterprise startups to bet your career on in 2018
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Illumio’s technology solves one of the largest lingering security problems plaguing companies: how to prevent hackers from moving freely and stealing sensitive data inside data centers once they make it past the perimeter. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform is the only solution to prevent unauthorized communications to these critical applications by creating segments that adapt to changes in the data center to stop hackers from moving between systems. Illumio does this with proprietary live application dependency mapping and adaptive micro-segmentation technology.
• Illumio is the easiest and most comprehensive way for organizations to understand and combat the risk of threats spreading across applications in the data center and the public cloud. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and control to every bare-metal server, virtual machine (VM), containerized host, and VDI within and across data centers and clouds. Since launching in 2013, the company has taken a unique, approach to cybersecurity: “We just kept coming back to the idea that it shouldn’t be so hard to proactively stop threats inside data centers and as technologists we had the opportunity to solve it – so we did,” said PJ Kirner, co-founder and chief technology officer of Illumio.
• Illumio is powered by a central brain called the Policy Compute Engine (PCE), which activates and manages enforcement capabilities in assets that already exist in your data center and cloud without adding additional hardware or software chokepoints that impact performance and increase complexity. The result is the ability to secure high-value assets from hackers quickly, while reducing the complexity and cost of traditional infrastructure security approaches.
Illumio’s breakthrough adaptive micro-segmentation technology prevents the spread of cyber threats inside any data center and cloud by controlling the movement of unauthorized communications. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, containerized host, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, Oak Hill Advisors, and Creative Artists Agency have secured applications in data centers and clouds, segmented environments, met compliance requirements and protected high-value application from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure.
Those organizations have been able to achieve this through Illumio’s breakthrough adaptive micro-segmentation technology, which provides:
• An MRI for the data center/cloud to visualize applications and network traffic
• Auto-generation of optimized, adaptable policy to deliver continuous, scalable and dynamic protection
• A bodyguard for every application with security enforcement for every bare-metal server, virtual machine, containerized host, and VDI within and across data centers and clouds