Promote this Nomination
|Company size (employees)||100 to 499|
|Headquarters Region||North America|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• With its breakthrough Adaptive Security Platform (ASP), the company has established itself as a clear leader. Illumio’s adaptive micro-segmentation technology was built specifically to enforce security policies anywhere applications reside. It is the only micro-segmentation technology that works as well in the cloud and containerized environments as it does in on-premises data centers. Illumio is also the only vendor that has been able to crack the code around live visualizations of application dependencies.
• Illumio achieved 400 percent annualized bookings growth last year and is one of the top-funded cybersecurity companies of 2017. The company has also received industry accolades, including being named to the 2017 CNBC Disruptor 50 List; co-founder & CEO Andrew Rubin was named one of Goldman Sachs's Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs for the third consecutive year. Additionally, the company has assembled a leadership team from the top performing technology companies of the last decade, including Cisco, Juniper, VMware, Nicira, McAfee, Palo Alto Networks, Fortify and Riverbed.
• Nine of the largest 15 financial companies in the U.S., as well as three of the top seven SaaS providers trust Illumio ASP as the foundation for their data center and cloud security. Some customer names include: Morgan Stanley, Salesforce, Oracle NetSuite, Creative Artists Agency, Plantronics and Oak Hill Advisors.
Summary of Achievements
Illumio was named to the 2017 CNBC Disruptor 50 list and co-founder & CEO, Andrew Rubin, was named one of world’s ‘100 Most Intriguing Entrepreneurs’ by Goldman Sachs for the third year in a row. Illumio also received $125M in Series D funding in 2017, and achieved 400 percent bookings growth in 2016.
In 4 years, Illumio reinvented the decades-old technology of segmentation and become the leader in the growing global cybersecurity market of micro-segmentation.
The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) prevents the spread of cyber threats inside data centers and cloud environments through adaptive micro-segmentation. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. Illumio ASP eliminates attack surface hackers commonly use to move inside of data centers and cloud environments.
It does this by providing:
1. The only live visibility into applications communications and dependencies, enabling prioritized security decisions.
2. Adaptive micro-segmentation that continuously adjusts to changes in the application environment in real time to keep segmentation intact. Illumio’s adaptive micro-segmentation includes coarse-grained segmentation, micro-segmentation, nano-segmentation, and user segmentation.
3. The only instant encryption of data in motion between any mix of Linux/Windows workloads or Linux/Windows workloads and VPN
gateways running in private data centers, cloud or hybrid environments.
Illumio’s approach measurably improves cybersecurity while it also makes an organization’s investments in security detection solutions more effective. Using Illumio, Morgan Stanley reduced firewall rules by 90 percent — a huge step in efficiency and savings. Another organization avoided $10M+ in new firewalls and went from a potential of 15,000 firewall rules to 40 Illumio policies to secure their data centers. Not only has this drastically reduced operational , but it has also increased efficiency and efficacy of their security teams.