- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): InAuth
- Website: http://www.inauth.com
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Billions of annual transactions are processed on an estimated 400 million devices worldwide.
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2017 CNP Award for Best Mobile Solution
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• InAuth is the only provider to produce a unique and permanent device ID for devices transacting through mobile apps. InPermID survives app uninstall/reinstall and operating system upgrades and cannot be spoofed. This allows businesses to recognize and differentiate returning devices with confidence. The mobile device can act as a trusted second factor of authentication in a multi-factor authentication (MFA) strategy, proving “something you have.” Authenticating customers can be done within a few steps, decreasing friction, while risky devices can be stopped in their tracks.
• Our proprietary Trusted Path architecture prevents interceptions by providing a completely secure path to transport sensitive information. It means that the intended device is the only device in the world that can read that sensitive information. For example, SMS and email messages have been proven to be insecure channels to pass sensitive information. Without context, messages sent in these channels can cause confusion and risk for the consumer. Through Trusted Path, however, an organization can securely package one-way messages for delivery to a registered device associated with an InPermID.
• InMobile leverages our advanced device analysis and risk assessment technology called InRisk™. Since InMobile collects thousands of device attributes, organizations need a means to analyze that data and turn it into meaningful and actionable information to successfully manage risk, fraud, and authentication. InRisk applies customizable rules to identify risk in real time and improve analytics. These business rules are used to uncover specific high-risk indicators to separate fraudsters from good users. Your business can apply this intelligence into your existing systems and act according to your specific organizational policies—allowing, denying, or requiring additional authentication. InRisk intelligence can aid in real-time decisioning for login and transaction authentication, transaction approvals, account opening, loyalty redemption, and other transactions.
InAuth offers a comprehensive range of next-generation device intelligence technologies designed to authenticate, reduce risk, remove customer friction, and maximize digital transactions through mobile apps and browsers. We help organizations secure their digital transactions by understanding the trustworthiness of devices connecting to their mobile apps and through browsers.
Specifically, InMobile provides permanent mobile device identification, device integrity screening and security features, and risk assessment for devices transacting through mobile applications.
InMobile interrogates mobile devices for up to 2000 attributes, using the data to create a unique and permanent device ID (InPermID), which survives app uninstall/reinstall and system upgrades, and uncovering high-risk indicators to understand device trustworthiness. This allows a business to recognize and differentiate returning devices with confidence. The mobile device can act as a trusted second factor of authentication, proving “something you have.”
Three advanced security features unique only to InMobile include our proprietary Trusted Path security architecture that prevents interceptions by providing a completely secure path to transport sensitive information from the InAuth Server to the InAuth SDK. By using it, the intended device is the only device in the world that can read that sensitive information.
Another is Secure Messaging which uses our encrypted Trusted Path architecture to securely package one-way messages for delivery to a registered device associated with our permanent ID.
Finally, the inclusion of biometrics adds fingerprint biometric authentication to InMobile’s capabilities. InMobile Biometrics combines powerful fingerprint technology with InMobile’s existing capabilities to deliver the first device identification offering with a fully integrated and fully secure biometric recognition.
Additional InMobile features include comprehensive device integrity screening; malware/crimeware detection; application validation; advanced root/jailbreak detection; certificate pinning; and policy-based white box. InAuth will also be launching new biometrics capabilities in Q1 2017 to provide the highest level of 2FA possible for the mobile channel.