- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): IntrinsicAware
- Website: https://www.intrinsicaware.com/
- Company size (employees): 3
- Country: Ireland
- Type of solution: Service
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 1000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1. The platform is deployed by organisations that want to make a genuine effort to influence their user's behaviour and foster a more security or compliance aware stance in their day-to-day work. The platform also encourages a collaborative approach to security and compliance, enhancing engagement between security and compliance functions and staff, as well as shifting organisational culture to a more security aware stance.
2. Organisations that are providing training for the purposes of meeting a compliance obligation, can use the IntrinsicAware platform either in conjunction with or as an alternative to a traditional learning management system. As a cloud-based solution, the IntrinsicAware platform is easy to deploy and provisioning tools are also provided.
3. The question-based delivery of training material means that delivery of security and compliance training has a minimal impact on productivity.
Between half and two-thirds of security and data breach incidents have a root cause in human error. IntrinsicAware is a security awareness and compliance training platform based on a unique delivery mechanism, incorporating the scientifically proven techniques of question-based learning and spaced education to make a genuine effort to incorporate security and compliance into organisational culture, while providing all of the same reporting and compliance functions that more traditional solutions offer. The training is provided in the form of behavioural-style scenarios, where participants are presented with real-world scenarios that arise all the time in their day-to-day work. The participants are asked what they would do in the scenario and presented with common bad practice as well as the appropriate response, from which they must select an option. Having chosen, they are provided with an explanation of the correct answer. The training is spaced over a period of approximately six weeks, meaning that users will receive daily security or compliance awareness messages over an extended period of time. The same questions are also repeated twice during the training module to determine whether the participant has incorporated the learning message and also to reinforce the security or compliance message. These techniques are scientifically proven to improve participant’s retention of the learning objectives and to improve security awareness and behaviour. All of the same types of reporting on participation, agreement with appropriate policies, engagement levels and so on that are available in traditional compliance platforms are available through the IntrinsicAware platform.