- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): ZingBox
- Website: http://www.zingbox.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Since ZingBox focuses on security IoT devices, a more accurate gauge of the ZingBox adoption in the industry is by the number of IoT devices secured. ZingBox secure approximately 200,000 IoT devices at any given time. The numbers fluctuate since some devices are not always on.
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2017 Gartner Cool Vendor IoT Security; Silicon Valley Women of Influence for CTO Dr. May Wang; Cybersecurity Breakthrough Award for Overall IoT Security Provider Solution of the Year; Three Stevie Awards for Women in Business, Two Stevie Awards for Product of the Year, and a Stevie Award for company of the year.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Unlike competitors, ZingBox IoT Guardian provides visibility into the nature and actions of all connected devices. Because it builds the deep knowledge of each individual device’s trusted behavior, it can automatically sense, identify and classify connected devices. Unlike traditional endpoint security products, IoT Guardian eliminates the need to install and manage software agents.
• Like a confidant, ZingBox IoT Guardian has a deep grasp of each device’s personality. Sophisticated deep learning algorithms continually analyze communication to and from every device to profile them, provide comprehensive risk assessment and detect irregularities to provide alerts for suspicious behavior.
• With unwavering focus on service protection, ZingBox IoT Guardian is constantly watching for the deviations in behavior of individual and collection of devices. It accurately assesses risk in real-time, enforces trusted behavior and recommends a course of action.
ZingBox’s IoT Guardian addresses the security of IoT devices by directly addressing the unique challenges of the device. First, IoT devices are not designed to support clients or agents. Attempts to install AV or NAC clients can often cause malfunctions or even worse, render the device inoperable. ZingBox IoT Guardian is designed to be completely agent-less and client-less. No update of IoT devices are necessary. IoT Guardian analyzes all network traffic flowing into and out of the IoT devices.
Second, traditional solutions such as vulnerability management solutions to assess the state of IoT devices can adversely affect device operations. Simply being a network-based security solution does not guarantee the solution will be effective or non-disruptive to IoT devices. IoT Guardian is not a network scanner. Instead, it analyzes all device traffic via mirror ports on the switch. It is completely non-disruptive. The on-premise virtual appliance routes all meta data (not payload) to ZongBox’s cloud infrastructure for analysis. This architecture enables analysis of all IoT device traffic regardless of volume since all the resource-intensive analysis occur in the cloud.
By analyzing the network traffic in/out of the IoT devices, IoT Guardian creates a baseline of normal behavior with which anomalous activities can be detected. The combination of agent-less approach, scalable device behavior analytics, and 100% non-intrusive network approach enable ZingBox IoT Guardian to be the most effective IoT device security solution available in the market today.