- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Everbridge
- Website: https://www.everbridge.com/ and http://www.italerting.com
- Company size (employees): 450
- Product Version Number: V1
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2014
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2016
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 3,000+ customers
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
• When every minute counts during a breach or attack, IT Alerting offers easy-to-use configurable templates to ensure message accuracy, integrity and human error-proof communications to the right team members. IT Alerting helps you track who is on-call on each team, and alert the right people based on the type of incident, time of day, skill set required and location.
• “The faster that our team can be engaged, then the faster we can resolve an incident – and the happier our customer will ultimately be. If a solution can reduce the amount of time it takes people to get together, then it can improve an organization’s overall MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve). Everbridge IT Alerting is one of those solutions.” – Lloyd McMullen, Hyperwallet Systems, Inc.
“We use Everbridge IT Alerting first and foremost as a way of contacting on-call personnel when emergency pages come into the system, or when temperature alerts are generated. Our organization also leverages the multiple delivery paths and send messages to different audiences based on rules. We have always received excellent support from Everbridge.” – Richard Moore, Maryland Aviation Administration
• Penn State Health uses IT Alerting to help improve coordination around IT outages and incidents by ensuring that the right information is shared with the correct IT team members. The organization implemented the ServiceNow connector to synchronize its ITSM contacts and groups with IT Alerting.
Companies using Everbridge’s IT Alerting solution include: Digital Realty, Endurance International Group, Sierra Nevada, Dynatrace, Ericsson, Solutionary, Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, Oakwood Worldwide, EastWest Bank, Alexion and many others.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Everbridge (NASDAQ: EVBG) provides an enterprise-level SaaS platform with a suite of communications applications technologies to over 3,000 organizations of all kinds. Its IT Alerting application leverages the platform to enable IT professionals to alert and communicate with key members of their teams during incidents and outages, including data breaches, power outages and ransomware attacks. IT Alerting integrates with IT service management platforms like ServiceNow and BMC Remedy, and uses automatic escalation of alerts, on-call scheduling and mobile alerting to streamline traditionally manual tasks and encourage collaboration within an organization.
When IT fails, business operations are at risk and impacted customers become frustrated. To minimize the impact of IT system downtime, you need to ensure that the right IT staff is engaged as quickly as possible, that the stakeholders stay informed and impacted customers are notified.
Currently, only 11 percent of companies report having an automated process for organizing their response to IT outages and incidents, per Everbridge’s 2016 State of IT Management survey. Everbridge IT Alerting fills that gap by connecting the right people with the right information during incidents to resolve IT issues fast and minimize the negative business impact.
This is significant given that 47 percent of companies report having a major IT incident, such as a data breach, at least six times a year. On average, the cost of downtime is $8,662 per minute, and companies take 27 minutes on average to assemble an IT response team. IT Alerting from Everbridge offers meaningful savings by reducing the MTTR (mean-time-to-repair). For one company, a Fortune 500 hotel chain, with IT Alerting, it now takes them less than 5 minutes to get the right IT team members on a conference bridge during an incident—an improvement of 80%, that helps them save $27,000 each minute.