- Website: http://www.jask.ai
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
* JASK provides security operations teams with a solution to automate tasks previously performed by Tier-1 analysts – allowing them to scale up their security operations without hiring additional manpower.
* The JASK platform shares data from all customers related to new threats, so the JASK machine learning model is consistently being trained on data from new, pressing vulnerabilities. Therefore, customers are consistently protected from the latest, most mature threats.
* JASK is led by a world-class team of cybersecurity professionals that provide experience from diverse backgrounds. The leadership team offers insights from their work with organizations like the FBI, Secret Service, NASA, Carbon Black, Sentinel IPS, ArcSight, Intel, McAfee, IBM and the U.S. intelligence community.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
JASK frees up security analysts to focus on high-level tasks by automating mundane daily tasks traditionally performed by Tier-1 SOC analysts.
JASK came out of stealth in June 2017 with $12 million in funding and has made key innovations in artificial intelligence (AI) for security operations. The JASK autonomous security operations center (ASOC) platform frees analysts from the mundane data collection, aggregation and normalization effort to become proactive threat investigators and responders. Driven by AI and machine learning, the JASK ASOC platform couples enterprise-wide data collection and visibility from a multitude of sources with AI-based advanced insights that produce meaningful recommendations to IT department staff.
Headed by industry leaders from ArcSight, Carbon Black, Cylance and the intelligence community, JASK brings together decades of experience solving real-world SOC issues. Founded to address the technology gaps that restrict security modernization efforts, JASK’s world-class engineering and data science teams apply practical hands-on experience to drive advancements in autonomous SOC technology. The team includes:
* Greg Martin, CEO/co-founder: Prior to JASK, Martin founded Anomali (formerly ThreatStream). His cybersecurity experience includes roles as a cybersecurity advisor to the FBI, Secret Service and NASA; Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at Sentinel IPS; and Security Operations practice lead at ArcSight.
* Damian Miller, VP/co-founder: Brings more than 15 years of experience at enterprise security companies to the team. Prior to co-founding the company, he held key leadership positions at ArcSight (acquired by HPE), Intel, McAfee Security and IBM Security.
* J.J. Guy, CTO: Former founding team member at Carbon Black and a U.S. intelligence community veteran with over 12 years of experience working for various federal offensive network operations teams within U.S. intelligence organizations.