Promote this Nomination
|Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service)||Kaapagam Education Services Sdn. Bhd.|
|Company size (employees)||10 to 49|
|Type of solution||Service|
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1. Shortage of Manpower with needed Security Skills, Shortage of Security Awareness, and Shortage of local Security Products are the most common challenges faced by every country and Malaysia is not an exception. By creating a vibrant cyber security community with students in colleges and professionals in industry, we believe we can handle all the 3 common shortcomings. Hence, we launch KALAM, a Cyber Security Collaboration Platform & Centre of Excellence.
2. The cyber security Centre of Excellence (COE) enables and assist Students to work on final year projects based on the industry requirements and enables students to be part of Community Research and Development together with industry experts and security practitioners in creating next generation local security products. To groom and provide a platform for every Student to be an Entrepreneur is our aim and hence all the project works and R&D done in our COE by the Students will be opened up thru the platform for the industry to invest and commercialize prototypes resulting in local security products that can change the world.
3. The collaboration platform allows students and the professionals to share their knowledge and at the same time acquire points based on the community feedback with Like Buttons, comments, discussions, blogs and many more avenues. These acquired points are then used to validate the skills of the platform members whether they are Security Members / Security Professionals / Security Experts, thus creating a “community skill set validation platform” for the 1st time in the world. This validation shatters the current way of looking at professionals based on 3 days or 5 days certification courses.
KALAM cybersecurity education and collaboration platform achieves :
– In creating Centre of Excellence (COE) for Security in Universities and Colleges :
— Enabling Students to build local products
— Students and Universities co-own the IP
— Government Agencies / Corporates fund the successful IP Prototype into commercialization
— Industry Security Professionals & Experts chip-in by Mentoring the Students for the Projects
— Enabling Community Research & Development
— Create Internship opportunities for Final Year Students
— Product Test Bed and Showcase Centers for Local Security Products
– Create awareness and make security as part of the life for all
– Community Driven Knowledge Discussion Forums, Blogs
– Create Knowledge Base for Security in the country
– Connect the Ecosystem platform with Corporate Threat Intelligence Feeds from Industries
– Create Vulnerability Database Management system for pentesters to report vulnerabilities / bugs found in systems. This provides a platform for whistle blowers on security bugs.
– Validate individuals on their Security competencies based on the contributions to the community via the platform and grade them in to: Members, Professionals, and Experts.
– Run National level Security Conferences, and Competitions
– Be a Career center for Security job opportunities.
– Allow companies and agencies and organizations to be part of the ecosystem via a membership program : Member Organizations, and Partner Organizations.
– Exam Portal for Security Certification courses