- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): KASPERSKY LAB AO
- Website: https://ics.kaspersky.com/
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: Russia
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 40+
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
*World Leading Internet Scientifc and Technological Achievement Award at the 3rd World Internet Conference
*China International Industry Fair (CIIF) 2016 special prize
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• For the now, Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity is the most holistic ICS/SCADA cybersecurity solution on the market. In keeping with Kaspersky Lab’s overall multi-layered security strategy, Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity delivers a combination of protection types. In addition to the technologies and services that support every stage of the security cycle, Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity delivers protection in support of integrity control, intrusion prevention and detection, anti-malware and anomaly detection based on machine-learning, among others. In other words it means that we provide not only industrial network monitoring/anomaly detection like most of our competitors, but also specialized industrial endpoint protection, services like industrial pentests, forensics, educational and awareness programs.
• This holistic approach was welcomed by market: in 2017 we got large industrial customers all over the world, including leaders of Industry 4.0 (https://ics.kaspersky.com/media/AGC-case-study.pdf) and continue to develop relationships with industrial automation vendors.
• Kaspersky Lab has strong vision regarding the future of industrial cybersecurity – last year we launched first global ICS CERT (https://ics-cert.kaspersky.com/). As a result we discovered more than 100 unique vulnerabilities in industrial control systems (https://ics-cert.kaspersky.com/reports/2017/03/28/threat-landscape-for-industrial-automation-systems-in-the-second-half-of-2016/)
Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity is a portfolio of technologies and services designed to secure truly industrial layers and elements of organization – including ICS/SCADA servers, HMI, engineering workstations, PLCs, network connections and even engineers – without impacting on operational continuity and consistency of the industrial process. Our technologies are created specifically for industrial security needs – fault-tolerant and non-disruptive, they can even work in air-gap conditions of critical infrastructures.
As a holistic solution Kaspersky Industrial CyberSecurity provides full set of possible cybersecurity actions on any stage of cybersecurity incident:
• Prediction. Capability to predict forthcoming cyber-attacks is crucial for true cybersecurity process. Every employee – from business to factory floor – plays a role in industrial cybersecurity. Training and education, such as Kaspersky Industrial Protection Simulation (KIPS) game, are vital here. Also specialized services like industrial penetration testing can help expose potential weak spots.
• Prevention: A key goal here is to reduce attack surface – but traditional information security solutions like anti-malware or patch management are not designed for industrial infrastructure. That’s why we offer specialized features like PLC integrity check, industrial whitelisting and device control, anti-ransomware that in total form prevention capability.
• Detection: Capability to find anomalies into industrial process is crucial in discovering of advanced industrial cyber-attacks like Stuxnet. Kaspersky Lab’s network level security operates at the process control abstraction layer, analyzing and inspecting the sources of traffic while providing integrity control for both industrial network and industrial control processes. An integrated stack of complementary technologies form an efficient anomaly detection engine.
• Response: Effective industrial cybersecurity has the capacity to respond to and mitigate the effects of technological process compromise. This includes post-breach analysis or the use of specialized industrial incident-response teams to stop, mitigate and perform forensics for cyber attacks, breaches and fraudulent incidents.
Learn more at https://ics.kaspersky.com/