- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): KeyIdentity GmbH
- Website: http://www.keyidentity.com
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: Germany
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 2,300 (Open Source & Enterprise)
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
* German Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs); category: Best Information Security
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Open source core: the open source core of KeyIdentity’s MFA Platform is constantly being improved by KeyIdentity’s experienced team of IT developers and professionals, but all APIs and the underlying source code are also accessible by the open source community at any time. Consequently, this ensures that the software is always up-to-date and meets all current security standards and regulations by allowing the community to develop patches and updates themselves when necessary. Additionally, the implementation of cryptographic backdoors, such as NOBUS backdoors is prevented through the open source approach, since any such implementation would be detected by the open source community.
• Quickest and most efficient implementation in the industry: instead of taking several days or weeks to implement and roll out, as is the case with other solutions on the market, KeyIdentity’s MFA Platform can be set up and ready to operate in only a day. Thanks to KeyIdentity’s unique soft migration concept, a steady, automatic migration of users is achieved, ensuring that no running processes have to be interrupted during the implementation. Of course, KeyIdentity also offers comprehensive, custom support and consulting before, during and after the implementation – from planning to execution to optimization.
• Security made in Germany: the KeyIdentity MFA Platform is developed exclusively in Germany, along with all related updates and services. This means that by design it complies with the strict data protection legislation and compliance regulations stipulated by the European Union, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR), which is to be introduced in May 2018. KeyIdentity also offers an on-premise option for data storage, preventing unauthorized third parties from gaining access to user data. Additionally, KeyIdentity is the only German provider of MFA solutions currently listed in the “Gartner Market Guide for User Authentication 2017”.
The KeyIdentity MFA Platform is an open source-based multi-factor authentication platform (MFA), which meets all current security standards and regulations for one-time-password authentication (OTP) solutions. The platform is also completely scalable; thanks to its API-first approach and modular design, it can be integrated quickly and efficiently into all current IT infrastructures and environments, including Microsoft Windows, iOS and Linux. Integration into standard systems and software (VPNs, cloud services, etc.) is facilitated by supported standards such as LDAP, Radius, SAML, etc., and even applications that do not normally follow any authentication standard, e.g. self-developed web applications, can be equipped with a multi-factor authentication process.
KeyIdentity’s MFA Platform offers unparalleled usability when it comes to tokens; certain token-related workflows can be easily automated, e.g. the assignment, rollout, and synchronization of tokens for users. The platform itself is also compatible with all tokens currently available on the market, ensuring that users can choose the token type, which is best suited to their individual situation and security needs – from software and hardware tokens to push tokens, QR tokens, SMS tokens or biometric tokens.
The MFA Platform also allows for the deployment of tokens, which only work during a certain time period or a certain amount of times, allowing companies to expand their MFA-based security concept to contractors and other external service providers. In case a token is damaged, lost or stolen, a number of “lost token scenarios” are available through the MFA Platform, which allow for automatic deactivation of the compromised token and simultaneous deployment of a temporary “out-of-the-box” replacement solution, e.g. a voice or paper token. Of course, the tokens of the KeyIdentity MFA platform are based on current security standards, such as OATH, FIDO U2F, motp, etc. to ensure maximum security for user data and compliance with all current data protection regulations.