- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Lastline, Inc.
- Website: http://www.lastline.com
- Company size (employees): 100
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Lastline has seen tremendous customer growth on a global scale since launching in 2011. In fact, the company has nearly ten times more enterprise customers today than at the start of 2013 with triple digit year-over-year licensing growth. Lastline also delivers advanced breach detection technology to managed security service providers like Dell SecureWorks and NTT Data as well as leading security vendors like Barracuda, Bit9 + Carbon Black, Juniper Networks, Tanium, Tripwire and WatchGuard that fits into their existing offerings to deliver improved advanced threat protection and intelligence.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Lastline Enterprise detects APTs and advanced malware that others miss, catching and correlating sophisticated threats while reducing the noise generated from false positives and uncorrelated alerts from outdated security tools. As the only advanced malware detection technology that allows organizations to see what malware authors are doing and how they are evading more traditional forms of signature based controls, Lastline is enabling our customers to stay one step ahead of the bad guys. Our product is solution of choice for 3 of the MSSPs, 5 of the UTMs, and 5 of the SEG’s in the respective Gartner Magic Quadrants. We were the top performer in a 2015 NSS Labs Breach Detection Study, receiving a recommended rating.
• We hold patents in malware detection based on environment-dependent behavior, reciprocal generation of watch-lists, and malware signatures. Lastline is years ahead of the competition in the development of advanced threat detection, advanced threat intelligence sharing, and advanced malware prevention.
• Lastline's flexible approach allows for the design of scalable cost-effective solutions, both hosted and on premise, that can fit any kind of kind of enterprise. Superior protection. Superior TCO.
Lastline Enterprise offers advanced malware protection for email, files, Web content and mobile applications.
Our advanced malware detection enables organizations to stay one-step ahead of constantly evolving security threats, using actionable threat intelligence and taking remedial action, keeping their businesses running without interruption.
We support and work alongside a company’s security team providing a service that other network security defenses are unable to deliver. Licensing is per user per year with an unlimited number of network locations and inspection protocols, providing a superior TCO.
A key Lastline differentiator is the use of full-system emulation in our sandboxing technology, providing greater visibility into malicious and suspicious behaviors of advanced threats while remaining undetectable to attackers. Lastline effectively mimics target machines, preventing attackers from fingerprinting and evading our behavior-based IT security system.
Lastline technology is superior – our high-resolution malware analysis engine analyzes each line of code, and provides a greater level of granularity and visibility into malware activity. Lastline monitors all outgoing enterprise traffic, looking for known patterns associated with malicious activity, and traffic anomalies that are evidence of malicious behavior.
By correlating malware analysis with active threat discovery and data mining of network traffic we provide valuable, reliable and actionable threat intelligence that companies can use to initiate remedial action and set security policies and rules.
Lastline’s Deep Content Detection™ includes the delivery of CPU level instrumentation, true kernel visibility, and dormant code analysis for a deeper level of detection than our competitors.
Unlike other companies, Lastline has deep roots in cybersecurity research with decades of combined academic and industry experience.
Lastline Enterprise was built by the creators of Anubis and Wepawet, who pioneered novel malware detection techniques.
Lastline co-founder Christopher Kruegel was recently ranked the #1 most influential security researcher by Eurecom, with 2 co-founders also making the top 10 list (http://s3.eurecom.fr/~balzarot/notes/top4/index.html).