- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Lastline, Inc.
- Website: https://www.lastline.com/
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: over 5 million users worldwide
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
o Network Products Guide 2017 IT World Awards:
Gold Winner: Best IT Products and Services: Security Software
Gold Winner: Hot Technology and Products Suitable for USA
o Info Security Products Guide 2017 Global Excellence Awards for companies with 11-99 employees:
Gold Winner: Companies with Tomorrow’s Technology Today – Technologies and products suitable for EMEA (Europe, Middle-East and Africa)
Silver Winner: Security Products and Solutions for Enterprise (Large)
Bronze Winner: Most Innovative Security (Software) of the Year
Bronze Winner: Companies with Tomorrow’s Technology Today – Technologies and products suitable for U.S.A.
Bronze Winner: Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Detection and Response
o 2016 Golden Bridge Awards, awarded in September 2016:
Grand Trophy Winner
Gold Winner: Integrated Security (Services) – Innovations
Gold Winner: Security Solution for Enterprise (Medium) – Innovations
Silver Winner: Integrated Security (Software) – Innovations
Silver Winner: Security Solution for Enterprise (Large) – Innovations
Bronze Winner: Security Software (New or Upgrade version) – Innovations
Bronze Winner: Innovative Company of the Year
o Lastline was included in CIO Applications’ Top 25 Cyber Security Companies
o Lastline is a finalist in the SC Awards Europe 2017: Best Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection
o Our co-founder and CEO, Chris Kruegel, is a finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award
o Lastline is a finalist for the Red Herring 100 Awards, to be awarded in June 2017
o The US patent office awarded Lastline a patent for malware detection, US 20140317745 A1. This patent covers critical components of the Lastline platform’s ability to detect and interact with malware, and validates Lastline’s commitment to leading innovation in the advanced malware detection market.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• It works! Lastline Enterprise is widely acknowledged as the most effective advanced threat detection and protection solution on the market as evaluated by third-party testing agencies and leading security technology providers. Lastline Enterprise received NSS Labs’ Recommended rating for the second year in a row and was the only breach detection product to receive a perfect detection rate of 100 percent in all test categories with zero false positives. And the Forrester Wave™: Automated Malware Analysis Q2 Report identifies Lastline as the strongest current offering on the market. Furthermore, scores of partners thoroughly vetted our solution before coming to the conclusion that Lastline is the best available advanced malware protection solution.
• High efficiency with low TCO. Our analysis reveals the full scope and context of malicious behaviors and how it spreads, focusing security teams’ efforts where they’re most needed to improve security effectiveness. So, in addition to improving detection and therefore prevent malware-based breaches, we improve productivity of security teams at a time when hiring qualified staff is extremely difficult. And our flexible deployment options, including running in the cloud or on off-the-shelf hardware, results in a very low TCO.
• Our founders. According to Microsoft Academic Davide Balzarotti, Lastline’s founders are among security’s most influential researchers. This demonstrates the founders’, and the company’s, deep roots in cybersecurity research, decades of experience, and unwavering commitment to improving companies’ ability to detect advanced malware and prevent costly malware-driven data breaches.
1. Behavioral analysis of potentially malicious files.
Our ability to detect advanced malware is unmatched. Our Deep Content Inspection™ provides the highest level of visibility into the specific behaviors any piece of malware is designed to execute while remaining undetectable by attackers. There is not a malicious activity that we cannot see.
2. Network traffic analysis.
Effective malware protection also requires the ability to detect the behaviors of malware that is already resident on a network or enters through infected personal devices or unprotected gateways. Our malware detection is enhanced by our network traffic analysis that detects suspicious network activity such as C&C communications, lateral movement, and efforts to detect or adjust security settings.
3. Threat Intelligence.
The Lastline Global Threat Intelligence Network adds context to threat analysis by consolidating details about malicious files and their associated behavior from all customers and partners in the Lastline community. Details include active C&C servers, objects with zero-day exploits, Indicators of Compromise (IoCs), toxic websites and malware distribution points identified as having breach intent. Information in the Threat Intelligence Network from previous attacks can inform analysis of new attacks to speed detection and focus analysts’ efforts on specific actions required to prevent a data breach.
4. Data sharing with leading security solutions.
We have proven integrations with scores of security solutions. Our strategy is to fit into existing architectures instead of operating as another stand-alone appliance. Our technology can ingest data from other solutions to inform our analysis and provide additional context for suspicious activity. In addition, Lastline can push information to other solutions to improve their effectiveness, such as sending blocking rules to NGFWs or UTM devices, send breach event information to SIEMs, block connections via Intrusion Prevention Systems, or add evasive malware understanding to Secure Web or Email Gateways.