- Website: http://www.lastline.com
- Company size (employees): 100
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• We are years ahead of the competition – Lastline Enterprise received NSS Labs’ Recommended rating for the second year in a row and was the first and only product to ever receive a perfect detection rate of 100.0% percent in all test categories with zero false positives.
• 100% of our customers surveyed in August 2016 said they were either “very” or “extremely” likely to recommend Lastline to a colleague. There is something big here.
• Our team of experts is well known for providing trusted, thoughtful insight into today’s top cybersecurity issues and are frequently quoted. We have been quoted in a wide range of media including Forbes, Inc., American Banker, USA Today, as well as leading industry news sites CIO, Computerworld, CSO, Dark Reading/InformationWeek, eWeek and others.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Lastline is innovating the way companies detect active breaches caused by advanced persistent threats, targeted attacks and evasive advanced malware. We have seen tremendous customer growth on a global scale since our product introduction in 2013, and the company has over 33 million protected enterprise users as of September 2016.
Our extraordinarily deep roots in cybersecurity research, decades of combined academic and industry experience, and unwavering dedication to enterprise cyber-security are the driving forces behind every Lastline innovation and advantage. Lastline Enterprise was built by the creators of Anubis and Wepawet, who have pioneered novel malware detection techniques, together with industry veterans with decades of experience focused specifically on advanced breach weaponry and tactics.
Three of Lastline’s founders are among the top 10 most influential researchers in security according to Microsoft Academic Davide Balzarotti, professor at EURECOM, who ranks #1 Christopher Kruegel, #4 Giovanni Vigna and #7 Engin Kirda (http://s3.eurecom.fr/~balzarot/notes/top4/index.html).
We’re a recognized leader and respected partner in our industry – Our solutions are available direct and are also delivered through highly respected partners such as Barracuda, Dell SonicWALL, and Dell SecureWorks. Thirteen Gartner Magic Quadrant leaders in their respective categories now entrust their customers’ advanced malware defense to Lastline, including several top Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs), Unified Threat Management (UTM), and Secure Email Gateway (SEG) vendors.
Most importantly, our technology is unparalleled. The Lastline Enterprise security platform has been awarded several US patents including most recently for “Methods and Systems for Malware Detection Based on Environmental-Dependent Behavior.”
Lastline was recognized as the top security effectiveness performer out of nine competitive products in the NSS Labs 2016 Breach Detection Group Test – ahead of FireEye, Blue Coat, Check Point, Cisco, Fidelis, Fortinet and Trend Micro. Lastline also scored highest in the 2016 Forrester Wave™: Automated Malware Analysis.