- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Luma
- Website: lumahome.com
- Company size (employees): 53
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hardware
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
No matter the size or shape of a home, Luma will create a customizable network that fills each corner with fast internet. This begins with setup, when Luma identifies strategic access points around a home to place Luma, ultimately creating a “Surround WiFi” system that spreads the signal throughout your home for guaranteed coverage in every room.
In addition to security and speed, Luma provides full control of a WiFi network with:
- Bedtime Rules - Bedtime Rules gives Luma admins the ability to set bedtime rules for individuals on their network per user for any day of the week.
- Bouncer - With Luma, user’s WiFi network has its own bouncer, giving them full control of who is allowed to join their WiFi network. For every new device that’s added to the network, users receive an alert in their Luma app. From this alert, they can just swipe right or left to decide to allow or block access for that device.
- Amazon Alexa integration - Luma, the first WiFi system to announce its integration with Amazon Alexa, allows the user to control their WiFi through voice control by saying “Alexa, pause the internet” or ”Alexa, prioritize my device”.
Luma is making secure WiFi available to everyone through major retailer partnerships with Best Buy, The Home Depot, Amazon, Target, Staples, and QVC, among others.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Luma is an intelligent Surround WiFi system with an easy setup that eliminates dead spots and provides fast, reliable internet with parental controls and state-of-the-art security protection.
The WiFi router industry has long been stagnant and providing people with the bare minimum, particularly when it comes to security and control. With the growing number of internet connected devices comes greater risk of sophisticated hacks and malware to devices and most importantly, homes. Studies show that nearly two-thirds of internet-connected devices in the home are infected with malware. Luma is among the only WiFi routers that protects against those bad actors. The system continuously monitors your network for vulnerability to hackers and malware, alerting you if there is suspicious activity on your network or you have weak passwords and blocking viruses from connected devices.
In addition to security, Luma offers controls including content filtering to protect from the dark corners of the web, voice control through Amazon Alexa, and the ability to detect and remove unwanted devices from one’s internet connection.