- Website: https://www.malwarebytes.com
- Company size (employees): 500 to 999
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware and exploits using proprietary signatureless detection technology that catches malicious content that evades detection by traditional antivirus solutions.
• Started as a free solution for cleaning up malicious programs and malware, Malwarebytes continues to update and support its free product offerings for all users.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Since its founding in 2008, Malwarebytes has quickly become one of the most successful security companies in the United States. Today, the Malwarebytes team is more than 500 strong globally. Through acquisition and continued innovation, the initial malware removal tool has been joined in Malwarebytes product offerings by new tools that detect and prevent exploits from infecting user computers.
In December of 2016, Malwarebytes announced the release of Malwarebytes 3, a first of its kind platform employing four independent technology modules—anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protection—to block and remove both known and unknown threats. Shortly after, in June 2017, the company announced the release of its enterprise cloud platform.
Downloads of Malwarebytes products have hit 500,000 times every day (on average) and removed 3 million infections every day (on average). Additionally, the Malwarebytes product line includes purpose-built business products that protect more than 10,000 businesses and millions of people worldwide.