- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): ManagedMethods, Inc.
- Website: http://www.managedmethods.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10,000+
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
IT World Award Gold for CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker)
IT World Award Bronze for 2013 Start-up of the Year
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Quick Time-to-Value – Designed for SMEs with limited IT resources, there are no agents, no proxy and no impact on end user experience! Rapid deployment via API and out-of-the-box policies provides immediate visibility and control at the most affordable price point in the market.
• Extensive and Scalable - Leverage your existing security investments and deploy in multiple cloud environments
• DLP and Cloud Threat Protection - Highly-customizable cloud DLP policy engine to monitor for sensitive information and surface risk in the form of anomalous user behavior and potential account compromise
ManagedMethods is the only company developing Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) solutions for small to medium sized enterprises (SME). ManagedMethods’ CASB, Cloud Access Monitor, provides organizations with the most efficient and cost-effective way to gain visibility and control of their sanctioned cloud apps and Shadow IT activities. Cloud Access Monitor provides Threat Protection, DLP, Malware Scanning, Policy Enforcement and Discovery for the most popular email, storage and collaboration applications including Google G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, and Slack.
ManagedMethods has an API integration into each of these SaaS applications. This is something that no legacy security product or cloud access proxy gateway can do. Cloud Access Monitor provides the ability to monitor and control/ enforce what happens inside the application, regardless of whether a user has accessed it from within the company network or not. Mobile workers who don’t use their corporate network to get to sanctioned cloud applications still have their data monitored by Cloud Access Monitor. API connectivity into an application provides “anytime, anywhere” visibility.
Legacy security solutions won’t work inside cloud applications, so ManagedMethods partners with various security vendors to integrate their capabilities into Cloud Access Monitor. Through these integrations, Cloud Access Monitor can detect and act upon potential harmful malware or external threats and gain deeper visibility into application usage and encrypted traffic. For example, ManagedMethods’s integration with Check Point Software adds Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities.
Cloud Access Monitor can be installed in minutes, with no special training and no disruption to users or networks. With Cloud Access Monitor, ManagedMethods offers the most cost-effective and efficient way for SMEs to reduce their cloud security risks and their exposure to regulatory and compliance violations.
- Vote For This Nomination