- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Terbium Labs
- Website: https://terbiumlabs.com/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 500
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Since January 2017 Terbium Labs has been named a Silver Winner in the category of Best Security Startup of the Year by the 13th Annual Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards. The company also won Innovator of the Year by the Cybersecurity Association of Maryland; Most Innovative Threat Intelligence Solution by Cyber Defense Magazine; and winner of the Data Leak Detection Solution of the Year by Cybersecurity Breakthrough Awards. Terbium Labs was selected as a finalist in two categories for the highly competitive SC Media 2017 Excellence awards: Rookie Security Company of the Year and Best Fraud Detection Solution. Terbium Labs CEO and Co-Founder Danny Rogers was most recently named an SC Media Reboot Leadership Rising Star.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Matchlight is the only fully automated dark web data intelligence system in existence. Automation is key, since the dark web is growing every day and teams of humans simply can’t keep up. Matchlight scours the dark web, computing billions of these fingerprints every day and alerting Terbium’s customers within minutes when elements of their data appear some place they shouldn’t. In fact, Terbium’s dark web crawler often discovers new sites faster than humans ever could. It’s also fully API-accessible, allowing it to be easily integrated with data stores, alerting systems, and other existing IT infrastructures.
• Matchlight’s alerts are also highly actionable. The dark web is notorious for containing fake or decoy information, and the only way to ensure that intelligence is actionable is for a client to tie it to their specific information. By using data fingerprinting, Matchlight can create truly actionable alerts and do so without needing to expand a customer’s risk profile or attack surface by requiring them to share that data with Terbium.
• Finally, because Matchlight is so highly automated, it is much more affordable than other comparable services. Often, this sort of information is collected by teams of humans, which drive the cost significantly higher. By automating this process, Matchlight can provide dark web data intelligence insights at a fraction of the cost of more traditional firms.
Terbium Labs was founded on a simple yet sobering reality: critical data will always be at risk, and data breaches are inevitable. Considering that 85% of breaches are detected by a third-party, and the average breach takes more than 200 days to discover, identifying data breaches quickly and privately is imperative to business.
Private citizens are also beginning to feel the strain of increased fraud activities and data breaches. Individuals whose payment card data was exposed in a data breach were three times more likely to become victims of identity fraud. The proportion of breach victims who become fraud victims rose to 31.7% in 2017.
Discovery of critical data breaches needs to be faster and more efficient to avoid fraud, limit damage, and ultimately deter criminal activity. Terbium Labs has answered the call with Matchlight, giving organizations of all sizes an unprecedented ability to continuously monitor the dark web for their lost or stolen data.
Matchlight is the world’s first fully private, fully automated dark web data intelligence system. It uses a patented data fingerprinting technology and sophisticated collection infrastructure to privately monitor its users’ most sensitive information without ever needing to access or store it. It shortens breach detection times to minutes and brings data breach detection inside the organization, allowing customers to quickly and privately identify and counter information theft and fraud. Matchlight alerts users when and where fingerprints of their actual data appear online. The system works regardless of the type of breach – zero-day exploits, APTs, socially engineered attacks, or insider threats – and is complementary to an organization’s existing information security systems.
For these reasons, Matchlight is rapidly becoming a key technology in fighting online fraud and bringing data breach detection times down from months to minutes.