- Website: http://www.mbltechnologies.com/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1) In the Cloud world, it is no small feat that of the 43 accredited 3PAOs, MBL is one the few small businesses that has actually conducted assessments and playing in a field dominated by the big guys! Our team of Cyber professionals provide information security support to agencies throughout Federal, state, and local government. MBL supported the first ATO for a CSP! - MBL was a significant contributor to the first FedRAMP agency ATO granted to a Cloud Service Provider (CSP). MBL delivers Expertise with policies and procedures and Senior Agency Experience. We supported the development of agency-wide standard operating procedures for reviewing and evaluating CSPs, analyzing existing security documentation, providing mitigation recommendations, and continuous monitoring strategies. MBL assisted a cabinet level agency to review CSPs and served as the Subject Matter Experts for the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) as it worked with an assessment organization.
2) In an industry dominated by screen time, technical knowledge, competition to achieve mounting professional certifications, MBL has made the mark valuing our people and a strong company culture. In June 2017, MBL won the DC Inno Coolest Companies in DC award followed in September with our receipt of the CARE award. (more on our awesome awards below).
3) And finally, a fantastic achievement for MBL was the development of our Groups Model- MBL’s way of fostering success as a company of outstanding employee culture recognizes that many of our professionals have special talents, need creative outlets, or appreciate the opportunity to be innovative outside of their 9-5 job focus. We know, if you work in Cybersecurity, your brain needs a break – often! MBL designed our Groups Model as a forum for each of our employees to engage in an initiative, of their choosing. http://www.mbltechnologies.com/groups-model.html
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
2016/2017 marked many successes for MBL Technologies, a small business in the Washington, DC metro area focused on cybersecurity and privacy consulting services for federal government. MBL more than doubled our clients –from 7 to 18! Additionally, we became a certified accreditor for the federal government’s support for cloud services – Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP). We are an accredited Third-party Assessment Organization (3PAO) that assists companies preparing to join the government for a ride into the cloud – or as we call it, the future!
MBL began with just 3 employees in 2007 and has since grown to be 52 friends. Our first clients were the Department of Healthcare and Human Services (HHS) and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). These clients were our two (and only two!) customers for many years. In 2016, our list of clients exploded!- We added the House of Representatives, Consumer Financial Protection Board (CFPB), RAND Corporation, Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), private sector clients (Human Longevity, Solvitur Systems).
We are thrilled to be supporting more customers, but our proudest achievement is our 3PAO accreditation. Of the 43 companies that are accredited 3PAOs, only 18 of these companies have actually completed assessments. Not only is MBL is one of these 18 companies, but we are one of the few small businesses playing in a field dominated by the big guys! Not only has MBL supported a full assessment but we also supported 4 organizations to prepare for assessments. In these cases, MBL helped these organizations navigate FedRAMP and its cloud computing requirements. As a result, these organizations have accomplished strategic goals to include: FedRAMP based security documentation, security reviews of vendors, and annual assessments.
- Vote For This Nomination