- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Minerva Labs LTD.
- Website: https://www.minerva-labs.com
- Company size (employees): 20
- Country: Israel
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 52K
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Minerva’s approach to fighting malware minimizes the need for burdensome human involvement. Our way of controlling malware by adjusting the way it “perceives” its environment employs deception in a subtle manner, without treating it as a buzzword highlighted in some products. We help enterprises maximize the value of their security tools, in contrast to the advice of vendors that advocate for a costly, risky and impractical overhaul of major portions of customers’ existing security mechanisms.
• Minerva’s approach to battling malware employs unique Environment Simulation Technology (EST), which provides Minerva with a platform for influencing the decision logic of malicious software. EST can control how malicious code “perceives” its environment, neutralizing malware before it can cause harm. Minerva does this without any reliance on signatures or other detection-focused approaches.
• Minerva was recognized as most innovative cyber security company in Israel @ CyberTech2016 Event. In February, Minerva won another contest and was announced as the most innovative and promising startup in Europe (hub:raum cyber bootcamp2016) and in September 2016 won Qualcomm Ventures competition for most innovative startup.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
Enterprises face an onslaught of attacks that involve malicious software. Unfortunately, most security technologies require burdensome deployments, maintenance and investigative oversight. The need for such human involvement drastically increases companies’ costs of implementing an effective security program. Minerva’s technology enhances customers’ anti-malware defenses without placing additional burden on their personnel. Instead, it automatically blocks malicious actions without requiring signature deployments or rushed investigations. With malware held in check, customers can decide how and when to follow-up on the incident.
Minerva’s products can augment and strengthen customers’ existing anti-malware controls. This is especially important for enterprises that are weary of the costs and risks related to fully uprooting and replacing their existing security products. In some cases, Minerva’s solutions can also act as the primary method for defending the endpoint from malicious code.
Minerva’s product suite focuses on automatically restraining malware on enterprise endpoints without relying on signatures or statistical models that focus on detection, rather than prevention. Minerva accomplishes this by carefully controlling how malicious software “perceives” its environment to render malicious code ineffective. Minerva employs this deception-based approach in several ways, providing customers with modules that can be deployed independently or as a unified anti-malware solution.
Minerva competes with “next-generation anti-malware” products, such as Cylance, CrowdStrike, and SentinelOne. However, one core differentiator of Minerva is its ability to bring modern and innovative anti-malware approaches to an enterprise environment in a fast and cost-effective manner without uprooting customers’ existing “traditional” endpoint security deployments.