- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Ostendio
- Website: http://www.ostendio.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 15,000
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2017 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards in the category "Cybersecurity Product | Compliance Solution"
Finalist in Norther Virginia Innovation Awards
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Ostendio’s MyVCM solves a real problem in a unique manner. A major threat to any company’s cybersecurity program are its employees. Ostendio’s bottom-up approach to security means that all employees are trained on how to handle sensitive data, and are aware of their roles and effects on a security program.
• Next-gen plug and play technology. Ostendio’s MyVCM platform uses behavioral analytics to drive employee and vendor engagement. Real-time data provides organizations with a ‘single-pane-of-glass’ view as to how secure their organization is. And as a SaaS platform setup and rollout is simple.
• Proven market acceptance with a number of large organizations with hundreds of users already seeing results by using Ostendio’s MyVCM.
Ostendio’s Cyber Security & Information Management SaaS solution provides our customers with an enterprise view of their cyber security program and uses behavioral analytics to drive employee and vendor engagement. Ostendio’s MyVCM provides real-time user data to guide corporate risk decision making.
Many companies today have a siloed IT department as well as a fragmented security strategy. Some of the largest security breaches (OPM, Target, Home Depot, Sony, DNC) were the result of fairly unsophisticated hacks. Breaches, in fact, are more often caused by human error. This trend is increasing as IT budgets are underfunded and employees are under resourced and overworked.
What makes Ostendio unique is that we champion a bottom-up approach to security, making sure all employees are invested in the company’s security program, and know how to properly handle sensitive data. Employees are empowered by knowing how their actions affect a company’s cyber safety. We gamify the process, allowing both employees and the organization itself to benchmark themselves against their peers. Ultimately, security is only as strong as its weakest link.
Ostendio’s platform offers ‘single-pane-of-glass’ reporting, automated workflow management, and integration with some of the world’s leading platforms including OneLogin, Microsoft and Google. We have also broadened our partnership program to include established industry experts such as Intel.
Ostendio has experienced tremendous growth since launching in 2014, increasing revenue 130% year over year, with no institutional funding. Our customers complete nearly 10,000 security and risk related activities a month. Our customers have rolled out MyVCM to hundreds of users in their respective organizations.