- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Netsparker
- Website: http://www.netsparker.com
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United Kingdom
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 1,000
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2017 Golden Bridge Award: Silver Award for Innovations and Technologies
2017 CyberSecurity Breakthrough Award: Vulnerability Management Solution of the Year
2018 Queens Award: Shortlisted for Enterprise: International Trade
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Users do not have to waste hours manually verifying the scanner’s findings and hunting down false positives,
• Users do not need to have the technical expertise to use Netsparker since the vulnerabilities are being automatically verified,
• There is no place for human error. When users have to manually verify the scanner’s findings, if they do not have the required technical expertise they might be unable to reproduce an issue, and conclude it is a false positive.
The Netsparker web application security solution uses a proprietary Proof-Based Scanning technology that automatically verifies the identified vulnerabilities by exploiting them in a safe and read-only way. Upon exploiting them the scanner generates a Proof of Exploit, proving the identified vulnerabilities are real and not false positives. Since most of the post-scan processes are being automated businesses can scale up their web application security efforts. In fact, when the Proof-Based Scanning technology is paired with the built-in workflow tools of Netsparker, enterprises have a closed-loop web application security solution suite that allows them to ensure the long-term security of all their web applications from the early stages of development until they are in the production environment.
Netsparker also has a fully documented REST API that allows businesses to integrate automated web application security scanning in their SDLC and DevOps processes, thus can identify vulnerabilities even during the early stages of development.