- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Netsurion
- Website: http://www.netsurion.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Service
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 15,000+
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
-Best SME Security Solution Finalist- SC Awards
-Managed Security Service- Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Over the past year, cybercrime has become increasingly sophisticated and devastating, targeting multi-location brands, individual franchisees, and other small businesses. Recent breaches through essential third-party providers, such as POS vendors, have exposed these businesses in a new way. Netsurion believes franchisors, franchisees, and SMBs that lack IT resources should be able to access and benefit from enterprise-grade network security. The goal is to ensure its customers’ brands are protected from both internal and external threats by providing robust and powerful network management, security, and compliance services at a fraction of the costs associated with a self-managed solution.
• A typical Netsurion customer location includes the installation of more than $1,500 worth of data security and wireless access equipment. In contrast, internal IT staffing costs, including the full-time staff and expertise needed to manage one or multiple franchisee locations, can easily exceed $100,000 annually without factoring in the cost of a data breach to a large, multi-location brand. With a management cost of less than $80 per month, including 24x7x365 monitoring and support, Netsurion’s solution is highly cost effective, so customers consistently may achieve significant ROI.
• By having enterprise-level managed network security with secure Wi-Fi, 4G failover, and advanced threat protection through SIEM available, Netsurion’s customers can utilize the latest in digital and mobile marketing, ordering and customer care technologies without concern that these new technologies introduce new security risks. Netsurion not only provides consistent and stable network security, but does so at a consistent and stable price point, making budgeting for network security easy.
Multi-location businesses face the challenge of securing many geographically diverse locations in an environment where IT resources and consistency in network topology are often impossible. As such, a brand’s security is only as strong as its weakest link.
Netsurion’s managed network security and advanced threat protection solutions are designed to mitigate these challenges. They are highly scalable services with centralized network security management, compliance management, endpoint security, and automation. Netsurion’s unique security features include firewall circumvention detection, rogue device and critical device detection, secure DNS serving, and multi-direction data security. Plus, Netsurion is the only provider to bring managed threat detection and response services to this level of customer through its SIEM-at-the-Edge service. In addition to monitoring security events in real-time at Netsurion’s SOC, the SIEM service prevents, detects, and responds to breaches. This creates a true enterprise-level security environment that goes beyond basic security compliance.
Netsurion’s ultimate goal is to dramatically increase the number of protected edge locations, as well as the level of security employed. Netsurion’s Compliance Accelerator program, through the security adoption program, works on a brand level to ensure that every location has access to these leading cybersecurity solutions. Netsurion works with franchisors to proactively determine the at-risk locations and craft strategies, while deploying services to overcome the vulnerabilities.
Netsurion works with them to identify a secure network and firewall policy that can be consistently employed. Once locations have been secured with a centrally-managed firewall, Netsurion’s in-house team of network security experts are available 24x7x365 to provide any support needed. Netsurion’s patented remote installation process doesn’t require reconfiguration of a network’s IP address structure, thereby saving time and eliminating issues reconnecting printers or other peripheral devices. This allows Netsurion to quickly secure large numbers of locations through its centrally-managed firewalls without disrupting business operations.