- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Jumio
- Website: https://www.jumio.com/
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 10+ Million Users
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
In the previous 12 months, Jumio Netverify® has received the following awards:
- Best Product in Biometrics and Hot Company in Fraud Prevention by the 2018 InfoSec Awards
- Best Authentication Technology category by the 2018 SC Awards
- Gold winner in Information Security and Risk Management in the 13th Annual 2018 IT World Awards®
- Bronze winner for Security Software in the 13th Annual 2018 IT World Awards®
- Gold winner in Identity Management in the 2018 Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards®
- Silver winner in Enterprise Mobile Threat Defense in the 2018 Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards®
- Bronze in Fraud Prevention in the 2018 Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards®
- Two Gold awards at the UK Digital Experience Awards 2018“, including Financial Services: Best User Experience” and “Best Online User Experience B2C – Best Digital Customer Journey.”
- 2017 Tech Trailblazer Award winner in the “Mobile” category
- Gold winner for Best Fraud Protection in the 2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
- “Entrepreneurial Company of the Year” in the Biometric Security Solution Industry by Frost & Sullivan
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Market Leading Accuracy: Jumio has invested in the technology, processes, and people to make it the most accurate solution in the market. Through a combination of computer vision, machine learning, biometrics, augmented intelligence, and human review, Jumio has enabled the highest level of accuracy in deterring fraud.
- Machine Learning at Scale: Jumio has a big leg up over the competition, having performed over 130 million online verifications. Jumio also has the largest database of identity verification transactions to train its algorithms—easily 10x that of the next nearest competitor. By tagging tens of thousands of IDs, the algorithms that feed Jumio’s machine learning get smarter, faster and learn how to recognize these patterns automatically. Jumio leverages a large team of verification experts to tag IDs— both good and rejected images—to help train our machine learning algorithms and improve verification accuracy.
- Global Growth: Jumio has emerged as the global standard for online identity verification, leading to it recently record its best sales quarters in company history in Q2 2018. Jumiosales grew by more than 200% year-over-year for three of its last four quarters, with a 48% increase in sales over the same quarter last year. The results were fueled by record sales growth in the Asia Pacific region, which grew 531% over the previous quarter. The company has recorded quarter-over-quarter sales growth nine of the last 10 quarters, showing a market demand for this identity management solution in this market. Jumio extends its biometric verification services with ID by processing government documents with real-time scanning and validation of IDs in more than 200 countries and territories.
Jumio is the leading AI-powered digital identity verification service in the burgeoning biometrics and digital verification industries. As data breaches continue to rise, Jumio is uniquely positioned to help organizations safeguard their customers’ data and ecosystems, without sacrificing user experience, by ensuring that a person’s digital identity matches their physical identity when doing business online in an increasingly digital world.
Jumio pioneered liveness detection technology to thwart fraudsters’ attempts to assume another individual’s identity. With many traditional identity verification solutions, users are asked to take a picture of their government-issued ID document with their smartphone or upload it from their computer. The problem is that many fraudsters who have stolen IDs have legitimate passports or driver’s licenses—those IDs just don’t actually belong to them. That’s why Netverify Identity Verification now requires users to take a selfie (or a picture of themselves with a customized handwritten note) so we can verify that the person featured in the selfie matches the picture on the ID document.
Jumio’s Netverify solution suite also uses AI, machine learning, biometrics, and human verification experts to verify credentials issued by over 200 countries in real time web and mobile transactions.
Jumio’s compliant machine learning approach builds in data privacy and security at every stage of the machine learning workflow including initial data capture, ID preprocessing, data tagging, algorithm training, and model deployment.