- Website: http://www.nsslabs.com
- Company size (employees): 50 to 99
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• NSS Labs has a longstanding history in security product testing and research. Security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. The company empowers enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their purchase decisions.
• NSS Labs had the foresight to recognize that objective security information would become an overlooked premium in a crowded market of more than 1,500 security vendors. The company leveraged its unmatched and well-respected foundation in security product testing, along with its enterprise research and global threat analysis capabilities, to deliver the CAWS Continuous Security Validation Platform. CAWS substantiates the effectiveness of enterprise security controls and uncovers unmitigated risks to enterprise systems. Using fact-based threat data and risk information, CAWS enables businesses to strengthen their cyber risk posture, continuously validate their security controls, and take timely action to mitigate threats to their operating systems and applications.
• NSS Labs’ core technology strengths and brand recognition differentiate the company from others in the market. Over the years, NSS Labs has worked to advance transparency and accountability in the cybersecurity industry. No other company today has the unique qualifications and insight into the challenges and essential security needs of enterprises and practitioners.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
NSS Labs is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. The company continues to make significant strides toward its mission to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. Key milestones and achievements include:
• NSS Labs continues to evolve its CAWS 3.0 continuous security validation platform. CAWS leverages NSS Labs’ unmatched expertise in security testing, along with the company’s extensive research and global threat analysis capabilities. CAWS measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls, providing a real-time scorecard that helps business leaders substantiate their security investments. Businesses can also leverage the threat data delivered by CAWS to strengthen their cyber risk posture and mitigate threats to their operating systems and applications.
• NSS Labs continuous to perform independent group tests of the top security technologies used by Global 2000 companies. Reports from these rigorous tests offer vendor-neutral analysis and provide the industry’s most comprehensive review of security effectiveness, performance, and total cost of ownership to inform decision-making. Products evaluated in 2017 include advanced endpoint protection (AEP) products, data center firewalls (DCFWs), next generation firewalls (NGFWs), web application firewalls (WAFs), and web browsers.
• The company has earned industry recognition on the merits of its technology innovation and business execution. Recent accolades include honors from the Austin Business Journal, Austin Chamber of Commerce, Austin Inno, Golden Bridge Awards, Inc. Magazine, the Network Products Guide, and Red Herring.