- Website: https://www.opswat.com/
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Multi-scanning: OPSWAT is a pioneer in the area of multi-scanning, which is the concept of using many anti-malware (or AV) engines at the same time to scan files for malware. At best, a single anti-malware engine can detect up to 90% of common cyber threats in files, and most AV engines have a 40-80% detection rate. But combine a lot of AV engines all together? Malware detection rates dramatically improve. OPSWAT’s unique multi-scanning technology combines the best of more than 30 anti-malware engines to provide over 99% detection accuracy.
• Content Disarm & Reconstruction (CDR): This technology, also known as “data sanitization”, assumes all files are potentially malicious, so it sanitizes and rebuilds each file ensuring maximum usability with safe content. File elements are separated into discrete components, malicious elements are removed, and metadata and all file characteristics are reconstructed. The new files are recompiled, renamed and delivered, preserving file structure integrity so that users can safely use the file without loss of usability. CDR is highly effective at preventing known and unknown threats, including zero-day targeted attacks and threats that are equipped with malware evasion technology such as Fully Undetectable (FUD) malware, VMware detection, obfuscation and many others.
• MetaAccess: Using OPSWAT’s industry-leading endpoint security and advanced threat prevention technologies, MetaAccess empowers organizations to enforce internal security policies and meet security and regulatory compliance across all devices accessing corporate data, whether the devices are corporate-owned or not. MetaAccess protects corporate data by ensuring that only compliant devices are allowed to access local networks and cloud applications. In addition, MetaAccess provides enterprise-wide visibility into all managed devices, allowing for easy identification of security and compliance issues as well as detailed device information.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
OPSWAT has been innovating in the area of malware prevention since 2002, and in that time the company has earned the trust of over 1,200 customers around the world representing the “who’s who” of the government, defense, energy, financial services, manufacturing and technology industries. In fact, we can count more than 95 percent of U.S. nuclear installations as customers, because our products have been built with the needs of both enterprise and critical infrastructure in mind.
OPSWAT is in the business of protecting organizations from the cyber security threats posed by files and by potentially risky devices. Taking a “Trust No File/Trust No Device” approach, our advanced threat prevention platform, MetaDefender®, protects web portals by preventing malware from sneaking in through file uploads, while our MetaAccess solution prevents risky devices from accessing local networks and cloud applications. MetaDefender also protects organizations requiring the highest levels of security; the product is available integrated with a kiosk that can be used to check files on portable devices and USB drives, stopping security threats before they enter an isolated network environment.
Why is file security so critical? Because unchecked files introduce great risk. Uploaded files can contain exploits, malware, malicious scripts or macros, making it possible for cyber criminals to gain control of a server or infect users’ machines. Endpoint and network security solutions don’t catch threats embedded in files, and malware can increasingly evade sandboxes and single anti-malware engines.
OPSWAT has invested the engineering skills and resources necessary to close the content security gap in the security stack, earning eight patents along the way.