- Website: http://www.ostendio.com
- Company size (employees): 11-50 Employees
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- Ostendio enables healthcare organization to harness the latest innovations that have the potential to save lives and not compromise on patient privacy;
- Thousands of patients have their healthcare data protected through the help of Ostendio’s MyVCM service; and
- In just 3 years, Ostendio has become a trusted information security and risk management solutions provider for a number of high profile healthcare organizations.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Ostendio was founded in 2013 to address the growing digital healthcare market. Founder and CEO, Grant Elliott, knew from his previous roles as the COO and CISO of a successful healthcare IT company that patient privacy, security, and compliance were paramount to the success of health care innovation. Elliott also understood technology has the power to transform lives and bring lifesaving benefits to those that need it most. With these two core tenets in mind, Ostendio was born.
Ostendio enables healthcare facilities to put technology to work by offering compliance and risk assessment programs. With Ostendio’s MyVirtualComplianceManager (MyVCM) facilities are now developing effective security and compliance programs to safeguard after healthcare cybercrime. For equipment manufactures, working with Ostendio means they are able to certify to prospective customers that they have implemented best practices to reduce risk and protect patient privacy.
The beta version of MyVCM was launched on March 1, 2014 with a handful of companies pre-provisioned. In fact, the first order for MyVCM was placed in early February 2014 almost a month before the official beta release. Ostendio now serves a broad range of clients who have become members of the MyVCM Trust Network including healthcare providers and practitioners, digital health companies and medical device manufacturers. The platform is in Version 2 release and supports a broad base of capabilities across workflow management, vendor management, document management and learning management.