- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Perch Security
- Website: http://perchsecurity.com
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 120, with 1.5 million network endpoints
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2018 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards:
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention - Bronze Winner
- Security Monitoring - Silver Winner
- Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response - Finalist
- Best Cybersecurity Startup (between 10 and 49 employees) – Finalist
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Automating participation in sharing communities.
Sharing communities like ISACs and ISAOs are fantastic sources of industry-specific threat intelligence – and while membership comes with threat intelligence, it doesn’t come with the tools you need to use it! Perch connects the dots by automating community threat intelligence so you don’t have to try to protect your network from your email inbox.
• Putting intel to work beyond threat detection.
Perch facilitates (and encourages) consuming threat intel from multiple sources, rather than limiting the user to or focusing on proprietary threat intel generated by the vendor (us). As an effect of this choice, Perch provides an enhanced view of your threat posture using peer-to-peer comparison. It shows how your institution compares to others in each threat-sharing community, as well as measuring the effectiveness of each threat intel source. Attack trends, types and volume of threats detected on your network, and more is readily accessible to lend greater insight into the strength of your cyber defense.
• Ideal combination of man and machine.
Perch puts aside assumptions that lead customers to the “traditional” approach and claims much higher efficiencies in both human talent and technology investments. Human-led and machine-driven, Perch acts as a pulley system – giving your existing tools and resources more power. Automating threat intelligence, Perch detects threats on your network while allowing the user to set-it-and-forget-it; but also provides tools and visibility to combine our human resources with yours, making it an ideal way to augment internal SOC teams.
Perch consumes and automates your threat intelligence and uses it to detect any sign of threat lurking on your network, while our security operations center (SOC) analyzes any detected signs of cyber threat activity. Customers are notified immediately of any validated threat activity on networks they manage.
Appealing to enterprises, managed service providers and the SMB market alike, Perch side-steps the potential shortcomings of the “traditional” approaches to threat intelligence by:
1. taking a vendor-agnostic stance on intel source, supporting any threat intelligence feeds the user chooses,
2. providing a Security Operations Center staffed with certified threat intelligence analysts to relieve costs and management expenses, and
3. a robust but intuitive web application that allows users to see and interact with their threat intelligence program as much (or as little) as they wish.
Now with the capability to add/manage IoCs and store logs for deeper investigation, Perch is a complete threat intelligence solution for institutions small to global. Managed service providers are flocking to Perch as an ideal platform to deliver managed threat intelligence services to their clients.
- Vote For This Nomination