- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Ping Identity
- Website: https://www.pingidentity.com/en.html
- Company size (employees): 500 to 999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
Feb. 2018 - Cybersecurity Excellence Award
March 2018 - InfoSecurity Global Excellence Awards
June 2018 - SIIA CODiE Awards Winner
July 2018 - API World, Best in API Security
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- With the June 2018 launch of PingIntelligence for APIs, Ping became the first company to leverage artificial intelligence in a comprehensive solution to secure API infrastructures in public and hybrid clouds. The solution provides deep insight into how APIs are used or misused and delivers extensive information for compliance, audit and forensic reports. It delivers comprehensive threat protection across a range of attacks from uncredentialed hackers probing for vulnerabilities while appearing like a normal user. In the words of an analyst from Constellation Research, “What I like about this is if you get into security more than identity, that is the bigger roadmap, and with your audience you don’t realize how powerful this will be.”
- Built on a foundation of open standards, Ping Identity's solutions were developed from the ground up to support the demanding needs of large enterprise customers and SMEs. Ping offers the only complete IAM solution for enterprise hybrid IT environments covering authentication, federation, authorization, auditing and account management. Ping is also the only IAM provider to solve identity challenges for enterprises in all stages of cloud adoption, whether they’re 100% in the cloud, on-premises or hybrid environments.
- Ping Identity partners with top technology providers to simplify secure access to enterprise applications and data. Ping maintains a particularly strong partnership with Microsoft, including participation in the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association, availability of PingFederate on Azure Active Directory, and the recent expansion of multi-factor authentication capabilities on Azure Active Directory, which was announced at Microsoft Ignite 2018. Ping also has alliances with Accenture and KPMG. With Accenture, it delivers a single-tenant IAM managed services solution that provides a high degree of security and flexibility for enterprise hybrid IT environments. Its collaboration with KPMG offers flexible, large-scale consumer and identity access management solutions.
The Ping Identity Platform is a comprehensive suite of products that deliver seamless and secure access to all applications, including PingIntelligence for APIs, PingID, PingAccess, PingFederate, PingOne, PingDirectory and PingDataGovernance.
– PingIntelligence for APIs is an AI-powered solution that identifies and block cyberattacks that target APIs to compromise data and systems. The solution makes Ping the first company to leverage AI and machine learning for API security.
– PingID enables mobile and token-based multi-factor authentication (MFA), allowing enterprises to apply security through the use of a mobile app, Apple Watch, SMS, email, voice call, and other biometric channels. Its offline authentication also allows enterprises to employ MFA when there is no internet access, addressing reliability concerns surrounding cloud or hybrid IT adoption.
– PingAccess is the only solution providing role- and attribute-based access control that applies policies based on identity, where customers can enable granular access from any client to any application.
– PingFederate is a full-featured federation server that provides SSO, API security, and provisioning for enterprises. It supports Dynamic Client Registration to help organizations comply with the EU’s second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) and Open Banking Standard.
– Recognized by Gartner, Forrester, IDC and KuppingerCole as a leading IDaaS platform, PingOne cloud enables organizations to deliver secure cloud SSO and MFA for users with one username and password, eliminating security issues that arise from the use of multiple passwords.
– PingDirectory manages billions of attributes at extreme scale — both on-premises and in the cloud — by enabling them to securely store and manage customer data and drive multi-channel customer engagement.
– PingDataGovernance governs access to sensitive customer data for apps, employees and partners with centralized policy controls and secure REST APIs, as well as features for delegated account administration.