- Website: http://proofpoint.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Proofpoint is the only cybersecurity vendor that has taken a people-centric approach to security and offers solutions that address a changing threat landscape that is increasingly targeting people rather than infrastructure. Proofpoint provides customers with the unique ability to identify the very attacked people (VAPs) within their company, understand the risks users face based on their role, duties, and access, and select policies and controls to better secure those most attacked users.
• Proofpoint has an unmatched commercial view of the threat landscape due to the diverse nature of its global customer base and intelligence gathering across email, mobile, social, and SaaS threats. This includes one of the largest SaaS email footprints, over 60 million SaaS files, mobile crawlers hitting 300+ app stores, and protection of over 200 million social accounts. If a company does not have that breadth of detection offerings, they cannot detect and correlate primary threat data, or assess how targeted or widespread threat campaigns are. Over 70 security companies license and integrate portions of Proofpoint’s intelligence systems into their products.
• Proofpoint has spent 10+ years developing the Proofpoint Nexus security and compliance platform. Nexus blends the industry’s best security research, technology, and threat data to protect organizations throughout the attack lifecycle. With real time data across email, social media, SaaS applications, and mobile devices, Nexus’ cloud-based graph database architecture correlates threat intel from more than: five billion daily emails, 20M mobile apps, 200M social media accounts, and 300,000 daily malware samples while featuring threat scoring based on type/spread/targeting.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
More than 50% of the Fortune 100 and thousands of organizations worldwide trust Proofpoint to provide visibility into their most targeted users and to protect their people and data against advanced threats and compliance risks.
With a 90%+ renewal rate, the company is relentlessly focused on safeguarding their customers’ greatest risk—their people—by preventing, defending, and responding to threats. Proofpoint secures more than five billion emails, billions of URLs and IP addresses, hundreds of millions of social media posts, and millions of cloud applications daily.
Proofpoint also offers unmatched insight into today’s people-centric threat landscape due to the diverse nature of its global customer base and intelligence gathering across email, mobile, social, and cloud threats. Over 70 security companies license and integrate portions of Proofpoint’s intelligence systems into their products.
Dedicated to ongoing innovation, the company reinvests approximately 20% of annual revenue into R&D, one of the highest percentages in the industry. This strategy supports product innovation and Proofpoint’s global research team in identifying and responsibly disclosing zero-day vulnerabilities, discovering one of the only examples of North Korean spyware for Apple’s smartphone, and producing a regular cadence of threat research findings that document emerging industry trends and threats.
In addition to improving its existing product offerings, Proofpoint actively develops new solutions that address the evolving threat landscape. Notably, after observing a substantial rise in brute force Office365 attacks, Proofpoint launched Cloud Account Defense (CAD) to help organizations detect, investigate, and remediate these compromises.
Additional achievements include:
• Consecutively being named a leader in Gartner MQs across Email Security, Security Awareness, and Archiving, and a Visionary in our first year in the CASB MQ
• Obtaining a customer satisfaction rating of 93%
• Extending its industry-leading advanced threat protection capabilities through three acquisitions: Wombat Security, Weblife.io, and Cloudmark
• Releasing ten new solutions and innovations that secure the ways in which people work today
- Vote For This Nomination