- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Proofpoint
- Website: http://proofpoint.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
CRN’s Top 20 Coolest Cloud Vendors
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Cloud App Security differentiates from competitors with people-centric and high-efficacy security analytics that excel at protecting users from account compromise, malicious files, and data loss.
• To detect account compromise, Proofpoint combines contextual data (e.g. user device) and user behavior analytics with the timeliest and most accurate source of threat intel in the market. It also correlates with real-time email threats intel to connect the dots between credential phishing and suspicious logins. The solution’s fine-grained forensics provide unique visibility into at-risk users and account compromise.
• Proofpoint Cloud App Security detects and blocks malicious files and URLs using a blend of Proofpoint’s industry-leading hash checking and sandboxing technologies. 50% of employees use third-party add-on apps to increase functionality of cloud apps. Proofpoint risk-scores third-party apps and automate controls based on approved thresholds. Proofpoint also enables an integrated view of threats and DLP incidents across cloud apps, email, and on-premises repositories to help customers reduce false positives.
Proofpoint Cloud App Security protects organizations against account compromise, malicious files, data loss, and compliance risks in cloud apps, such as Microsoft Office 365, Google’s G Suite, Box, and more. Cloud App Security provides a granular people-centered view of app access and data handling. The solution combines:
• Advanced threat protection against malicious files
• Compromised account detection and response
• Access controls for users and third-party apps
• Data loss prevention (DLP)
• Analytics and multifactor authentication
With these powerful features, organizations can defend against targeted attacks, safeguard their information, and stay compliant in the cloud. Proofpoint’s powerful analytics help organizations grant the right levels of access to users and third-party apps based on the risk factors that matter most.
Proofpoint Cloud App Security enables businesses to:
• Prevent financial loss – Defend against cyber attackers that compromise accounts to defraud companies of money.
• Stay compliant – Enforce appropriate information sharing to prevent compliance violations.
• Support lean teams – Automate policy-based response actions using robust templates. Accurate alerts to respond quickly to incidents.