- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Proofpoint
- Website: http://proofpoint.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• No other DLP solution in the market is as threat aware. Proofpoint Information Protection correlates explicit threat intelligence with behavioral insight and data classification to determine data loss potential and upstream risk. All other solutions focus primarily on data classification to assess data sensitivity and attempt to control data loss through data sensitivity.
• No other solution on the market combines the level of maturity in the DLP market (since 2006) with a cloud-based platform and architecture. This provides customers with a flexible, scalable, and cost-effective cloud-based solution that is mature enough to include all the workflows, incident review capabilities, classification sophistication, reporting, and dashboards that admins need.
• Proofpoint’s Smart Send capability is a unique feature that enables admins to notify users when they have sent sensitive data. This educates employees on proper DLP policies while protecting data, increases employee awareness, and reduces inadvertent data loss.
Proofpoint’s Information Protection provides outof-the-box visibility without the complexity and costs of legacy data protection tools. Users can easily manage sensitive data in motion (as it’s sent via email), prevent data exposure and inappropriate access to data (in SaaS applications), and visualize data at rest (stored on-premises).
Proofpoint Information Protection meets the needs of modern DLP customers by focusing on the most important modern DLP channels today—email, personal webmail, cloud services, and data at rest. The solution recognizes that people are the most vulnerable channel for data loss and uses threat awareness to help identify most likely data loss vectors and at-risk individuals.
As a cloud platform, the TCO of Proofpoint Information Protection is superior to other legacy DLP solutions because there is little to no on-premises infrastructure (hardware) or relational database requirement. Its cloud architecture provides cost effective scaling and management, while saving admins time by providing mature policies, rules, workflows, reports, and dashboards out-of-the-box that admins need to do their jobs efficiently, without wasting time on scripts or command line interfaces.
All major components operate within the cloud and provide for a utility model with automated updates and rapid scalability for organizations that are growing or downsizing. Configuration and management are through a consolidated set of consoles and policies are shared across all channels. There is also near-zero risk for corporate asset exfiltration via personal webmail due to isolation.
- Vote For This Nomination