- Website: https://www.protego.io/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
● Protego is the first comprehensive security solution designed specifically for serverless environments. While other serverless solutions are available, they are not developed by pure play serverless security providers.
● Protego’s SaaS solution can be up and running and provide insights into the security posture of an organization’s serverless environments in as little as 20 minutes. Other solutions require hours of support and configuration before providing value.
● Protego maximizes an organization’s security while minimizing its costs by identifying and preventing attacks in real time and providing the "Minimum Effective Dose" of protection in the right place. No other serverless solution works this way.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Protego is the first and only platform of its kind that delivers full life-cycle security to serverless applications from deployment to run-time. Since launching in early 2018, Protego has earned multiple achievements. Most notably, the company secured a $2 million seed investment round and is backed by a group of recognized security industry investors, including Ron Gula of Gula Tech Adventures, Glilot Capital Partners, and former RSA CTO, Tim Belcher. With this investment, Protego has grown its development, sales and marketing teams, expanding the size and scope of both company offices in Baltimore and Israel. Additionally, the company signed a significant partnership with Mode2, a cloud native solutions developer. Through this partnership, Protego is helping to strengthen the operational security of Mode2’s U.S. customers that are hosting their serverless environments on Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. The analyst community has also taken notice of Protego. Frost & Sullivan recently featured the company and its co-founders, Tsion Gonen and Hillel Solow, in its July Stratecast Report, “Security in the Serverless Architecture: A Tectonic Shift in Responsibilities.” In an effort to harness the power of the serverless community at large, Protego launched the “Serverless Show,” a video podcast series that features experts from around the world on topics ranging from blockchain to cyber security. Protego executives will also be speaking and/or presenting at global industry conferences, including Hacker Halted, Cyber Security Atlanta, OWASP App Sec Israel, Cloud Native Docker and K8 Summits. In a short period of time, Protego has also garnered substantial media attention from publications such as SDxCentral, Security Week, SDTimes, the Baltimore Sun, the Baltimore Business Journal, and has placed numerous thought leadership articles in Information Management, the New Stack, DevOps Digest, Security Boulevard, Dark Reading and other recognized outlets.