- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): RiskSense, Inc.
- Website: http://www.risksense.com
- Company size (employees): 51 - 200
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 100,000+
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- RiskSense, Inc., is the pioneer and market leader in pro-active cyber risk management solutions that allow enterprises and governments to contextualize internal security intelligence, external threat data feeds, and business criticality to identify imminent cyber risks and prioritize remediation actions.
• The company’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform transforms cyber risk management into a pro-active, collaborative, and real-time discipline. The platform embodies the expertise and intimate knowledge gained from real world experience in defending critical networks from the world’s most dangerous cyber adversaries. As former advisors to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Intelligence Community, RiskSense founders have developed Computational Analysis of Cyber Terrorism Against the U.S. (CACTUS), Support Vectors Intrusion Detection, Behavior Risk Analysis of Vicious Executables (BRAVE), and the Strike Team Program.
• Ultimately, RiskSense empowers enterprises and governments to apply proper cyber hygiene, strengthen their cyber security posture, lower remediation costs, dramatically shorten time-to-remediation, and overall lower the risk of the impact of cyber-attacks on the business.
Relying solely on the knowledge of existing vulnerabilities, provided by vulnerability scanners, is only the first step in a streamlined vulnerability management process. Without putting vulnerabilities into the context of the risk associated with them, organizations often misalign their remediation resources. This is not only a waste of money, but more importantly creates a longer window of opportunity for hackers to exploit critical vulnerabilities. At the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to shorten the window attackers have to exploit a software flaw.
The RiskSense Platform takes vulnerability management to the next level, while preserving the investment in an organization’s existing scanner technologies. RiskSense is ingesting the data from a variety of leading vulnerability management vendors and not only automating the data analysis, but also enriches the organization’s internal security intelligence with external threat data and business criticality to allow to focus the remediation actions on the things that matter to the organization most. Using RiskSense, organizations can free up IT and security personnel to focus on critical tasks and turn them into risk strategists rather than technicians. RiskSense provides the following value-add to existing vulnerability management tools:
– Data aggregation avoids manual labor efforts to connect the dots
– Data reconciliation minimizes false positives and duplicates
– Data contextualization between internal security intelligence, external threat data, and business criticality provides a more accurate picture of the cyber security posture of an organization
– Risk-based prioritization allows for efficient alignment of resources
– Closed-loop remediation from within the same platform shortens time-to-remediation dramatically