- Website: http://www.risksense.com
- Company size (employees): 51 - 200
- Country: United States
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- RiskSense, Inc., is the pioneer and market leader in pro-active cyber risk management solutions that allow enterprises and governments to contextualize internal security intelligence, external threat data feeds, and business criticality to identify imminent cyber risks and prioritize remediation actions.
- The company’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform transforms cyber risk management into a pro-active, collaborative, and real-time discipline. The platform embodies the expertise and intimate knowledge gained from real world experience in defending critical networks from the world’s most dangerous cyber adversaries. As former advisors to the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. Intelligence Community, RiskSense founders have developed Computational Analysis of Cyber Terrorism Against the U.S. (CACTUS), Support Vectors Intrusion Detection, Behavior Risk Analysis of Vicious Executables (BRAVE), and the Strike Team Program.
- Ultimately, RiskSense empowers enterprises and governments to apply proper cyber hygiene, strengthen their cyber security posture, lower remediation costs, dramatically shorten time-to-remediation, and overall lower the risk of the impact of cyber-attacks on the business.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
In today’s dynamic threat landscape, cyber security has taken center stage for many organizations when it comes to their risk management practices. In the past, cyber security was left to either dedicated security operations experts or members of the IT team. To tackle the threats, companies spend huge sums of money every year to maintain a security perimeter designed to fend off cyber and insider threats. According to Gartner, worldwide spending on information security will reach $76.9 billion in 2015, an increase of 8.2 percent over 2014. However, accelerating security incidents and data breaches of massive scale at companies such as Target, Anthem, and the United States Office of Personnel Management are raising doubts about the effectiveness of these investments. A PwC survey of 9,700 companies found that they had detected nearly 43 million security incidents in 2014, a compound annual growth rate of 66 percent since 2009.
Thus, more and more board of directors are forcing their businesses to incorporate cyber risk management into their overall risk management practices. In this context, RiskSense with its Software-as-a-Service platform is re-shaping the risk management industry by automating security intelligence discovery, analytics, and prioritization on an enterprise scale. RiskSense enables true continuous diagnostics and mitigation, reducing manual efforts costing $10ms, and making security risk posture trending possible to report transparently to internal stakeholders and regulators. With RiskSense organizations are finally able to gain near real time insight into their state of risk and align it with business objectives. By leveraging RiskSense’s cyber security risk management solution, organizations can significantly reduce risk, reduce costs, improve response readiness, and increase risk-posture visibility.
Based on the company’s innovation in the cyber risk management space, Gartner recently named RiskSense as one of the leading vendors in their newly published report on Security Operation Analysis and Reporting.