- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): RiskSense, Inc.
- Website: http://www.risksense.com
- Company size (employees): 100 - 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 500,000
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
- RiskSense is changing the way organizations detect and manage cyber risk. The RiskSense Platform enables organizations to pro-actively discover and address cyber security gaps based on the risk they pose to business operations. It extracts actionable intelligence from the massive volume of data generated by a patchwork of cyber security products, including vulnerability scanners, threat intelligence feeds, and other complex security systems. This allows enterprises and governments to quickly understand their particular cyber risk exposure across a growing attack surface, quickly orchestrate remediation, and monitor the results.
- The RiskSense Platform transforms cyber risk management into a more pro-active, collaborative, and real-time discipline. The platform embodies the expertise and deep knowledge RiskSense has gained from defending critical networks against the world's most dangerous cyber adversaries. The RiskSense Platform offers a unique value proposition as it serves both as a force-multiplier for increasingly scarce cyber security operations talent, as well as providing cyber risk management visibility and best practices for the C-Suite. Ultimately, RiskSense empowers enterprises and governments to apply proper cyber hygiene, strengthen their security programs, lower remediation costs, dramatically shorten time-to-remediation, and overall lower the risk of the impact of cyber-attacks on the business.
- RiskSense identifies imminent risks across the entire attack surface, not just the network. RiskSense's expertise at identifying application and database level risk, combined with the unique ability to simultaneously analyze internal security intelligence and external threat data along with asset criticality at scale, provides unparalleled visibility into an organization's cyber risk exposure. Furthermore, RiskSense applies a closed-loop remediation process, which assures that a ticket is only closed once the effectiveness of a patch has been revalidated by the organization's security tools.
Relying solely on the knowledge of existing vulnerabilities, provided by vulnerability scanners, is only the first step in a streamlined vulnerability management process. Without putting vulnerabilities into the context of the risk associated with them, organizations often misalign their remediation resources. This is not only a waste of money, but more importantly creates a longer window of opportunity for hackers to exploit critical vulnerabilities. The ultimate goal is to shorten the window attackers have to exploit a software flaw.
The RiskSense Platform takes vulnerability management to the next level, while preserving the investment in an organization’s existing scanner technologies. RiskSense is ingesting the data from a variety of leading vulnerability management vendors and not only automating the data analysis, but also enriches the organization’s internal security intelligence with external threat data and business criticality to allow to focus the remediation actions on the things that matter to the organization most.
Using RiskSense, organizations can free up IT and security personnel to focus on critical tasks and turn them into risk strategists rather than technicians. RiskSense provides the following value-add to existing vulnerability management tools:
– Data aggregation avoids manual labor efforts to connect the dots
– Data reconciliation minimizes false positives and duplicates
– Data contextualization between internal security intelligence, external threat data, and business criticality provides a more accurate picture of the cyber security posture of an organization
– Risk-based prioritization allows for efficient alignment of resources
– Closed-loop remediation from within the same platform shortens time-to-remediation dramatically
Ultimately, RiskSense empowers enterprises and governments to apply proper cyber hygiene, strengthen their cyber security programs, lower remediation costs, dramatically shorten time-to-remediation, and overall lower the risk of the impact of cyber-attacks on the business.