- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Gemalto
- Website: https://safenet.gemalto.com/
- Company size (employees): 10,000 or more
- Country: Netherlands
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 275,000
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
SafeNet Trusted Access was launched in Q3 2017.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
SafeNet Trusted Access is different from competing IAM and SSO solutions because:
1) More Flexible Authentication: SafeNet Trusted Access allows organizations to use their existing authentication methods, such as PKI, that they have already deployed. Competitors offers require companies to rip and replace their existing legacy authentication systems in order to use their solution. Also, most competitive solutions only offer a "one-size fits all" approach to the authentication methods and do not support a broad range of authentication methods. This is problematic because companies often require different authentication methods for employees depending on the job types and the information they can have access to. SafeNet Trusted Access comes with Multi-Factor Authentication (SafeNet Authentication Service) included for free. Most competitive solutions do not offer the two services together.
2) Smart SSO: Regular SSO can be risky since you are allowing access to all apps with the same authentication credentials. If those credentials are compromised, all apps will vulnerable. Our solution is different from competitors in that the SSO and authentication are applied per policy - not globally. With smart SSO, IT maintains security since the SSO is per policy, and not applied “buffet style” to all apps and use cases. This means that organizations can offer an SSO experience to users, but still maintain security.
3) Use-Case Based Policy Setting: SafeNet Trusted Access' scenario-driven approach is multi-dimensional and suited to real-life use-cases vs. the 2-dimensional model of other solutions, which set policy at the app or user level.
SafeNet Trusted Access is a cloud-based access management service that combines the convenience of cloud single sign-on (cloud SSO) with granular access security. By validating identities, enforcing access policies and applying Smart Single Sign-On, organizations can ensure secure, convenient access to numerous cloud applications from one easy-to-navigate console.
SafeNet Trusted Access offers enterprises five core capabilities.
– Smart Single Sign-On: Smart Single Sign-On lets users log in to all their cloud applications with a single identity, eliminating password fatigue, frustration, password resets and downtime.
– Scenario-based Access Policies: SafeNet Trusted Access offers flexible access management through a simple to use policy engine that gives customers real-time control over the ability to enforce policies at the
individual user, group or application level.
– Data-driven Insights: Data-driven insights into access events enable organizations to fine-tune their access policies, and ensure that they are neither too lax nor too stringent.
– Universal Authentication: SafeNet Trusted Access supports numerous authentication methods and allows you to leverage authentication schemes already deployed in your organization.
– Easy App Management: A continuously expanding library of integration templates enables the easiest connectivity to leading cloud apps, such as Salesforce, AWS, Box, G Suite and Office 365. Just use the integration templates already built-in and defined for the apps you use today, or use the general-purpose custom integration template.
For more information, visit https://safenet.gemalto.com/access-management/idaas-safenet-trusted-access/