- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): WinMagic Inc.
- Website: http://www.winmagic.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: Canada
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: 2500+
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
- 2018 CyberDefenseMagazine InfoSec Award - Cloud Security - Next Gen
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
Among the many benefits offered by WinMagic’s SecureDoc CloudVM solution, three main features stand out:
VM-Level Encryption for Hyperconverged, VDI and Cloud Workloads
• The success of virtualized solutions not only depends on the reliability of the combined power of compute, storage and networking, but also the robustness of the workload security. Certified for Nutanix and Scale Computing platforms, most public and private clouds, VMWare Horizon and Xen Desktop, SecureDoc CloudVM protects workloads and data against breach or undisclosed access, by providing persistent VM-level encryption of VMs running in virtualized environments, so that no matter where workloads are located within the environment – active use, dormant, offline, or in back-up –they’re protected.
Fast & responsive performance for Windows and Linux VMs
• Competition is fast and furious, and time to market is one of the staples to beating the competition. Unlike heavy encryption processes that can stand in the way, SecureDoc CloudVM offers the industry’s only online conversion for both Windows and Linux; VM encryption can occur whether active and live, or when offline, not forcing enterprises to turn down or wait for VMs to complete encryption. That time-savings can result in considerable cost savings for enterprises.
Unique and Industry-leading Pre-boot Network Authentication for virtual workloads
• SecureDoc CloudVM offers the utmost flexibility for customers seeking a strong single authentication and encryption platform. SecureDoc secure pre-boot authentication is the industry’s leading pre-boot network authentication solution and ensures authentication and authorized key distribution takes place prior to workloads being deployed. It ensures the right person is accessing data from the authorized data center and geography, at the right time under authorized conditions. The authentication process is completely automated, freeing resources to undertake other tasks.
People are talking about data-centric security as the new best practice for data management. SecureDoc CloudVM, powered bySecureDoc Enterprise Server – WinMagic’s encryption and key management control solution – helps enterprises avoid vendor, hypervisor or hardware lock-in. Our unique data-centric encryption applies encryption directly to virtual machines and data, ensuring persistent encryption of workloads from device to device, cluster to cluster, cloud to cloud.
At WinMagic, we’re focusing on the processing steps that customers need to put in place to mitigate risk and adopt compliance. In a general view, we believe there are four key areas where WinMagic can help customers:
1. Assessment – It’s always of value to be aware of the type of data processing you have going on. We help guide suggest completing a full audit of how the data is used (advertising, profiling, statistical data, etc.). From there customers can better understand the risks around each piece of data as it moves through and beyond their infrastructure
2. Protection – Determination of We help facilitate the necessary steps around safeguarding, meaning proactive data security processing
3. Control – Provide guidance to building the right policy management; e.g. how do you put standards in place to control the storage, usage and processing in the data center. Essentially, controlling data residency or locality to mitigate risk around data transfer rules
4. Monitoring – We help customers develop an understanding of the likelihood of unauthorized disclosure, or access, or alteration of data. We then provide a means to mitigate with proper monitoring tools, and apply actionable security intelligence to eliminate risk. And of course,SecureDoc allows customers to easily audit and report on this activity.
Customers should think of these four steps as the framework for defining your enterprise-wide data security strategy. Focus on the data, not the infrastructure it’s on.
- Vote For This Nomination