- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Cryptzone
- Website: https://www.cryptzone.com
- Company size (employees): 100+
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Software
- Approximate number of users worldwide: More than 450 public sector and enterprise customers including some of the leading names in technology, manufacturing and consumer products trust Cryptzone to keep their data and applications secure.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
1. Lower Total Cost of Ownership. Policies and permissions are managed by the people who know the regulations, the users, and the data, reducing cost and frustration. Security Sheriff helps enforce compliance and data security policies for privacy and confidentiality, intellectual property and trade secret protection, data loss prevention, PII and PCI compliance, and HIPAA requirements. It provides administrators and site owners with central administration of policies, and drives user education and compliance. Local administration of policies enables content experts to develop rules and manage permissions through dynamic access, control access independent of location and control distribution (or lack thereof) of critical documents in SharePoint. As customers migrate to cloud storage and applications, it offers seamless data security on premises, in the cloud, and in hybrid environments, allowing businesses to focus on delivering secure collaboration to their employees regardless of file or user locations.
2. Classification and Identification at rest or in motion – Security Sheriff locates and classifies all data on premises and in the cloud, encrypting or quarantining when required, and reports status and compliance violations to stakeholders.
3. Integration with Azure – Most recently, Security Sheriff natively integrated with Azure Information Protection. AIP allows organizations to classify, label and protect data at the time of creation or modification, enabling users to determine security levels when the file is created. Security Sheriff extends this capability by using the AIP classification to secure the document using Microsoft’s RMS encryption throughout its lifecycle, be it inside the organization or outside. Security Sheriff dynamically adjusts the security applied to the file, based on how, where and by whom it’s used, and makes classified files “invisible” except to those with access.
Businesses are moving their infrastructure to the cloud, which raises new questions of data security and compliance. Companies are concerned that their most secure data will not be safe in the cloud, and they are encountering challenges as they migrate their server farms as they attempt to identify and move their files to a structure that will better suit their employees and their business.
Security Sheriff eases the migration to cloud storage by seamlessly securing data in hybrid environments (SharePoint and O365) as it moves from one to the other. Users are able to work within Microsoft applications, knowing that Security Sheriff will prevent unauthorized access or sharing of documents to unauthorized recipient.
Security Sheriff secures files at rest without the overhead of complex user permissions and encryption, ensuring that the data is protected at the time it is used or shared. It restricts usage and visualization of data based on the file’s classification and the user’s current location, device, and security clearance, automatically encrypting it when the data leaves the safety of the corporate file system.
Security Sheriff enables companies to find that balance between file security and flexible collaboration, invisibly to the end user and with no client side application. Collaborators can use any device to access the data, and Security Sheriff will leverage Microsoft’s encryption and applications to enforce encryption and access appropriately to the situation.