- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): SiteLock
- Website: https://www.sitelock.com
- Company size (employees): 100 to 499
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: Over 313,000 websites
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
This is the first time SMART is being nominated for an award.
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Automatic Malware Removal: SiteLock is notably the only security provider to offer automated website malware removal. SMART removes malware the fastest, thereby mitigating its spread to other areas of the website or its server. Instead of just alerting customers that malware was found on their website, SMART automatically removes it, so their website can stay safe and secure. This stops website owners from having downtime or loss of reputation due to malware.
• Proprietary Technology: Unlike other providers, SMART utilizes file-based scanning to ensure maximum coverage and protection. SMART analyzes your website from both the outside-in and inside-out, to provide 360-degree protection. SMART cleans not only full malicious files, but partial infections on otherwise legitimate files. SMART’s malware database is also updated with new full and partial signatures around the clock by the dedicated SiteLock Research team.
• Comprehensive Threat Monitoring: Due to our industry-leading threat database of 10 million signatures and 12 million total customers across content management systems and development platforms, SiteLock is proven to understand today’s evolving threat landscape faster. SMART daily scans, which address common malware and security threats that let malware in include file, web application, network, spam, and domain scans. In addition, vulnerability scans look for sophisticated vulnerabilities like SQL Injection (SQLi) and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS). Through the full coverage of these comprehensive scans, customers are fully protected against any and all threats.
According to recent SiteLock data, websites experience over 59 attacks per day on average. That’s nearly 22,000 attacks per year. As cyberattacks increase, it is no longer a matter of if you’ll be attacked, but when. Considering some recent high-profile cyber hacks, the demand for industry leading cybersecurity is at an all-time high. With a mission to protect every website on the internet, SiteLock developed SMART, the Secure Malware Automatic Removal Tool. SMART delivers enterprise-level security and services that any small business can afford.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), the US has more than 28 million small businesses nationwide and employs nearly 57 million people and will continue to grow. As every SME understands, their website is a vital part of establishing their brand. It is also their most prevalent and visible source of communicating with customers and a profitable asset. Without website security, their website is open to suspension from their hosting providers and blacklisting from popular search engines if they are hacked. This could result in a drop in website SEO rankings, a loss of reputation due to malicious content on site or data theft, degraded customer experience due to reduced site performance, immediate monetary loss and would significantly impact their ability to earn future revenue.
SMART is the only product on the market to offer automated malware detection and removal. This means SMART removes malware essentially the moment it hits, mitigating its spread to other areas of a network. SMART identifies even the newest strains of malware and alerts the SiteLock Research team who work 24/7 to add them to the dataset allowing customers to benefit faster and are always ensured the highest levels of protection. With SMART, website owners can rest assured that despite the ever-expanding threat landscape, their websites are always protected.