- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Equinix
- Website: https://www.equinix.com/
- Company size (employees): 5,000 to 9,999
- Country: United States
- Type of solution: Cloud/SaaS
- Approximate number of users worldwide: SmartKey is available in the Americas, EMEA, and AP
What other awards did this nomination receive in the previous 12 months?
2: Security Today’s “New Product of the Year” and Leading Light’s “Most Innovative Technology”
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
* Unlike competitor products and services, Equinix SmartKey™ offers the industry first Intel SGX, cloud neutral, key management HSM as a Service that provides key secrecy even from service providers and governments/state actors in shared infrastructure.
* Being GDPR compliant, SmartKey provides complete data sovereignty with regional isolation and security.
* When offered on Platform Equinix, businesses achieve low latency, high performance and have more capability at their disposal as they are in close proximity to clouds (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google), customers and partners. Plus, integration is faster with SmartKey because it relies on uniform control regardless of where data reside. Customers can also get a private secure connection when using SmartKey on Platform Equinix.
Equinix SmartKey™, a global SaaS-based, secure key management and cryptography service offered on cloud-neutral Platform Equinix™, simplifies data protection across any cloud architecture.
Smartkey provides key storage, encryption and tokenization, addresses performance and GRC requirements at the digital edge close to clouds (public, private, hybrid and multicloud), carriers and counterparties, and restricts key access to authorized users.
As enterprises adopt multiple cloud services, they must ensure their data is protected with a consistent security posture. Encryption is the best way to protect data, but the challenge is how to secure the keys. Cloud native key management is easy, however, storing encrypted data and the encryption key in the same cloud runs the risk of losing both in the event of a security breach. And according to security best practices, data and keys should be kept separately. Legacy on-premises Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) are secure but also expensive, hard to deploy and manage.
Equinix SmartKey offers a cloud neutral, key management, HSM as Service solution while maintaining the highest level of security across hybrid, multi cloud deployments along with enabling enterprises to increase performance and reduce latency.
Examples of how Equinix differentiates itself and provides more value to users include: • Interconnection solutions: Equinix delivers 270,000+ cross connects to allow to connect directly to the clouds, people and places that matter. • Business ecosystems: Equinix has 9,800+ companies populating its diverse ecosystem, providing access to the right partners to re-architect IT and compete as a digital business.
• Global reach: Equinix expands market reach with 200 data centers in 52 major metro areas across 24 countries. • Network and service provider density: Equinix hosts 1,700+ network and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers. • Proven expertise: Equinix has a 99.9999% uptime record to prepare for tomorrow, today so customers are always up and running.