- Website: https://terbiumlabs.com/
- Company size (employees): 10 to 49
- Country: United States
- Headquarters Region: North America
In 3 bullets, summarize why this company is different from the competition and deserves recognition:
• Matchlight is the only fully automated dark web data intelligence system in existence. Automation is key, since the dark web is growing every day and teams of humans simply can’t keep up. Matchlight scours the dark web, computing billions of these fingerprints every day and alerting Terbium’s customers within minutes when elements of their data appear some place they shouldn’t. In fact, Terbium’s dark web crawler often discovers new sites faster than humans ever could. It’s also fully API-accessible, allowing it to be easily integrated with data stores, alerting systems, and other existing IT infrastructures.
• Matchlight’s alerts are also highly actionable. The dark web is notorious for containing fake or decoy information, and the only way to ensure that intelligence is actionable is for a client to tie it to their specific information. By using data fingerprinting, Matchlight can create truly actionable alerts and do so without needing to expand a customer’s risk profile or attack surface by requiring them to share that data with Terbium.
• Finally, because Matchlight is so highly automated, it is much more affordable than other comparable services. Often, this sort of information is collected by teams of humans, which drive the cost significantly higher. By automating this process, Matchlight can provide dark web data intelligence insights at a fraction of the cost of more traditional firms.
In less than 300 words, summarize the achievements of the company in the nominated category
Terbium Labs set out to change how organizations detect data breaches and monitor their most sensitive information to protect against theft and fraud. The result is Matchlight, the world’s first fully private, fully automated data intelligence system designed to find leaked or stolen data on the dark web as soon as it appears.
Matchlight was born out of a conversation with a CISO at a bank, who asked Terbium to monitor their client list for an unexpected leak. The catch was, the bank couldn’t provide them with the actual list. To meet this challenge, the company designed and built the Matchlight dark web search engine and devised a patented data fingerprinting technique that creates one-way digital signatures of client information, allowing the system to search for information without ever needing to see or store it. Matchlight is redefining data breach detection by providing the scale, speed and precision needed to combat data loss privately and in near real time.
In addition to privacy, automation is key to Terbium’s innovation. Since the dark web is growing every day, solutions powered by teams of humans simply can’t keep up. Matchlight continuously and automatically scours the dark web, adding billions of new fingerprints to its database every day, and it constantly compares them to its clients’ fingerprints. If there is any trace of a match, customers will be alerted immediately for swift and private resolution. In fact, Terbium’s dark-web crawler often discovers new data and threats before most human analysts even know about them. It’s also fully API-accessible, allowing it to be easily integrated with data stores, alerting systems, and other existing security infrastructures.
Terbium’s Matchlight is truly a first-of-its-kind technology and a security industry trailblazer, approaching data loss, fraud detection, security, and risk management in a totally new way.